M3 brakes on standard E30 strut..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 brakes on standard E30 strut..

ignoring the obvious differences between hubs, does the M3 brake carrier fit onto a standard E30 strut, or are the bolt locations completely different? assuming the hub and rotor were swapped, would it line up correctly?

I've discovered something very interesting about the ix's front hub design, so I'm curious. :)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

no
    Below the radar...

Comment

care to elaborate? :roll:
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Re: M3 brakes on standard E30 strut..

NO!

;)

Originally posted by nando
        ignoring the obvious differences between hubs, does the M3 brake carrier fit onto a standard E30 strut, or are the bolt locations completely different? assuming the hub and rotor were swapped, would it line up correctly?

I've discovered something very interesting about the ix's front hub design, so I'm curious. :)
        brakes will not bolt up to stock points on non-M struts. you cant swap an m3 hub into an iX strut either... you'll lose the awd
        Below the radar...

Comment

thanks! :)

and actually, the rear hub will fit in the ix strut. the bearing and driveshaft spline are the same.. thats why I'm looking into it.

perhaps with a BBK it would work..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
            thanks! :)

and actually, the rear hub will fit in the ix strut. the bearing and driveshaft spline are the same.. thats why I'm looking into it.

perhaps with a BBK it would work..
            well, if you're already do that much, might as well get a mounting bracket made for calipers. then you can run any caliper you want, and wont have to shell out the $$ for an OTS BBK.
            Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
              well, if you're already do that much, might as well get a mounting bracket made for calipers.
              Wanna talk about this? I am into making some nice sturdy brackets. for a bbk.

Comment

possibly. I'm not sure what differences there would be, using a front M3 rotor with a rear M3 hub. luckily the front ix brakes are exactly the same as a normal E30. I'm certain IE's BBK could be made to work but that'd be a good chunk of change..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i know of someone who is using m3 front brakes with 4 lugs on his 325i. i really dont know much about the car or what was done to it, but i did see it up close and i'm sure i counted 4 lugs

Comment

Working...
                  X