• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid content OP. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
      Solid content OP. Good work!
      Thanks for the kind words, I enjoyed seeing your car at the picnic last spring.

Got some cheap black rota slipstreams to replace the ronals for the time being, since they need tires and one of them needs to be made true again..

Considering fixing them or upgrading to adapters and 16" style 5s.....

Comment

Finished rebuilding the VANOS! Really excited to get it installed and feel if there's a major difference in low end power and torque.

Also did the rattle repair kit to quiet the engine down.

I'll also be rebuilding the VANOS unit in the car right now so if your's is acting up let me know and we can work something out!

Pictures:

Comment

Broke an exhaust mount so my buddy helped me weld it back up and we added a third one off the muffler:

Comment

Going the stoker route has always sparked my interest, are you happy with it?

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
            1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
            1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
            1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
            1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
            1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
            Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
            1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
            1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
              Going the stoker route has always sparked my interest, are you happy with it?
              I am!

I think it would've been around the same effort and cost to just buy an S50 or S52, but I'm glad I went the route I did. I want to find a couple other swapped cars to drive and compare.

The top end feels fantastic, but I think maybe a worn out vanos, m50 manifold, and S52 tune are hurting the low end. Fingers crossed the vanos rebuild will remedy this.

Comment

Any oil consumption? You did use the old rings right? Maybe check the compression. Glad it's working out!

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                  Any oil consumption? You did use the old rings right? Maybe check the compression. Glad it's working out!
                  No oil consumption that I can notice. I did use the old rings, very happy I used the m52 set and not the carbon coated m54 ones. No regrets so far

Yes good idea, I have a leakdown kit that I'll use when I switch out the vanos 🤞

Comment

Hell yah glad it's working out.

Comment

Finally got my new wheels and tires sorted! Also got an adapter kit. Thought about going true 5 lug but compared to the price of the used adapter kit I just can't justify it. Can't wait to put them on the car.

16x8 style 5s with Dunlop Direzzas, 205/45/16:

Also named her Eva, and learned how to use a lazer cutter;

Comment

Real happy with how the new wheels (and the fall sunset) look:

Comment

Amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                            Amazing!!
                            Thank you Adam!

Your build has been truly inspirational, and your advice and help have transformed this car.

Comment

Buddy of mine at the shop in seattle helped me out with an alignment, car was pretty close in the rear, (which is lucky because it can't be adjusted) but the front was super off:

Before:

After:

Last edited by Metallated; 12-09-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Got the old, E21 booster out of the car because it started to leak.

Didn't do much research and tried to just throw an ix booster I had lying around in the car.. Yeah not going to be so easy. Ended up having to shorten the threaded end but over shortened it.

Re-threaded a longer metal attachment:

Also used the E34 M5 master cylinder, so I created some new brake lines with the larger fitting:

Old fittings on top, "new" larger ones on bottom:

I think I did pretty good for bending it by hand, we'll see how well it fits in the car:

Comment

Working...
                                X