WTB: Laguna Green E30 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Laguna Green E30 Coupe

Hello all, I thought my first post would be for the car I have always dreamed of owning. My father had one and it is the only car I have ever cried over.

Needless to say, I want one. I get that they are exceedingly rare at about 500 examples produced some 28-29 years ago, a cheap E9 is probably easier to buy.

I am after one, so please respond if you have one or a lead on one. I am willing to pay up to $12k for a really nice example, an S52 conversion or manual conversion is a bonus.

Welcome!

It's a cool color for sure. Have you considered getting a paint job over a more common color?

Comment

I have, but the cost of completely changing the color of a car is just so expensive. If I was completely tearing the car down to it's bare frame, I probably would, but since I have no time any more to wrench, the car would likely be built for me.

I am willing to be patient.

Comment

Most Laguna Green cars have trashed paint because of clearcoat failure. How would you feel about one thats still the original color, but not in mint condition
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It depends on how bad and how much rust. I am looking for something that can be repainted without much if any rust repair. I am also looking for something drivable.

Why, what did you find?

Comment

I havent found anything, just asking
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Good to know. ;)

Comment

I had a great laguna green convertible last summer if it was a coupe I could have never sold it that color is so great. It suffered from clear coat issues as stated earlier as many of the laguna green cars I have seen. I will keep an eye out good luck with the search

Comment

Thanks everyone. There was one in New Mexico last summer while I was still living in the Bay Area. If I had sold my house in San Jose by that point, it would be with me here in Austin. I am willing to wait for the right car which might mean any of them. I just don't want to have to do an $5k+ paint change... That might be the way I have to go, but I will be patient... For now.

Comment

I'll just leave this here as a reminder of the stupid things I've done.
                    :(

Comment

There was a nice one for sale in San Diego a couple months ago.

Keep the faith one will turn up.
                      1991 318iC
                      1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Instagram
                        Build Thread

F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
                        F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
                        E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
                        E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
                        E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

Comment

Working...
                        X