Bosch Evolution Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
    I have Valeo wipers and freakin love them.

Also the same kind of frameless design :)

I think tirerack still has the "buy one get 1 free"
    The wipers on your car in your sig?

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

My only bitch so far is that they do not quite conform to the very far right side of the windshield when resting. Otherwise, they fit perfectly.

Have same wipers and know exactly what youre saying,,, really annoying to look at..... I clay bar and wax my windsheild,,, rarely even use the wipers in FL thunderstorms but mist is a whole different story,,, mine have held up great for a year now

Comment

The Icons we put on the Sienna are aweome. I am interested to see how they hold up for the long term.
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

Dude i have the evolution on my car. Omfg! Best wiper ever! Highly recommended! We carry those as well @ www.bmaparts.com

Originally posted by stereoinstaller1 View Post
          so after years and years of wearing out 2 or 3 sets of bosch wipers a year, i gave up. Best performance i have ever found at a reasonable price, but just did not last.

I have tried several brands since. Most wore out quickly as well, as i live in the drizzliest place on earth. Not the most rain, but certainly the most drizzle.

A recent visit to the local auto parts store found the bosch rep setting up displays for the new "evolution" line. This is not the "icon", but is clearly labeled evolution.

These are a frameless blade, so they are much nicer looking, and the rep assured me they are oe for vw, mbz and others.

So far i have about 300 miles of driving with them in drizzle. Very good clean wipe, no hint of "shudder" or noise. The rep promised me they last better than any other bosch product. Not exactly cheap at $17.99 each, but not $60/pr like some other brands i can think of.

They mounted easily and securely, with a covered mount. Very classy and clean, i think they are a dramatic improvement over the michelin's which i had been using.

Here is a link: http://www.boschautoparts.com/produc...ades/evolution

reading this page tells me they are a natural rubber blade...the rep told me they were silicone. Typical rep bs, but time will tell if they are worth a shit.

My only bitch so far is that they do not quite conform to the very far right side of the windshield when resting. Otherwise, they fit perfectly.

Luke

Comment

So far the only complaint is the damn windshield conformation. They only shudder when almost totally dry, entirely acceptable. Great wipe in mist (my biggest bitch) or in heavy rain/splash.

About 1200 miles on them already. I still don't know if I could pony up for the Icons, but WTF, gotta wear these out first anyway.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Consumer Reports did a big test on all sorts of brands just last month.

Results: Rain-X Latitude wins

It wasn't the absolute highest rated for wiping (but still up there), but it lasted significantly longer than any other wiper. They're at Wal-Mart too (make sure you get the Latitude model, which is the pricier one).

After reading the test I bought a set for the GF's car...they're shockingly quiet, and wipe perfect. Better than any other wiper I have ever seen.

Comment

I've had a set of latitudes for a couple weeks, work great so far.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

After driving in sluch/snow/rain yesterday and putting up with the crappy Michelin blades, I stopped on the way home and put Icons on the e34.

The passenger side one would not fit in the "factory" size of 24". Got a 22" for it instead.

World of difference. Unless these things fall apart in an unusually short amount of time, I have found the blades I will always buy from now on.

$20ish each, but worth every dime.
                  Current Cars
                  2014 M235i
                  2009 R56 Cooper S
                  1998 M3
                  1997 M3

Comment

Just looking at the Consumer Reports test data right now. The Bosch came in 8th place overall, out of 15 models.

The Rain-X Latitude came in 2nd place, but was the only wiper to still be rated as "very good" after 6 months. The rest were "good" at best (the Bosch fell into that category).

We also found that all of the windshield wipers provided very good or excellent performance when new, but most quickly degrade after six to nine months of regular use. The RainX Latitude was the only wiper that began with very good performance and maintained that level through six months. All others dropped in performance after six months.
                    I'm a complete CR geek. No need to feel bad about thinking it.
                    Last edited by Mystikal; 12-23-2008, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      The wipers on your car in your sig?
                      sorry i missed this, but yes these are the wipers in my sig.

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Just looking at the Consumer Reports test data right now. The Bosch came in 8th place overall, out of 15 models.

The Rain-X Latitude came in 2nd place, but was the only wiper to still be rated as "very good" after 6 months. The rest were "good" at best (the Bosch fell into that category).

I'm a complete CR geek. No need to feel bad about thinking it.
                      what was number one then?
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Valeo 600 series. But it's only great for the first bit, it goes dead like the rest.

Comment

Valeo 600 series. But it's only great for the first bit, it goes dead like the rest.
                          i dont know man, i've had mine for a good 2 years now and they still rock.

im rockin those.

Comment

Well then according to the testing, with your use the Rain-X ones should last 5 or so. :p

Seriously it's all relative. Weather conditions and use have a lot to do with it. On my E30, the regular Bosch stuff lasts at least 2 years too.

Comment

Well then according to the testing, with your use the Rain-X ones should last 5 or so. :p

Seriously it's all relative. Weather conditions and use have a lot to do with it. On my E30, the regular Bosch stuff lasts at least 2 years too.
                              indeed. we'd have to be using the same wiper in the same location to come up with a more accurate answer.

Comment

Which is what they did. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X