No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
      Great shots gkurey. Amazing setting/location.
      Thanks, Jay! I'm happy to share more when I get them uploaded.

Comment

One shot I took from my back yard the other night

Comment

I miss Pensacola!!

Comment

How in duh hellz you know where i be??? haha

Comment

Peaks at Jenny Lake by m_colby, on Flickr

Behind the Tetons by m_colby, on Flickr

Multnomah Falls Oregon by m_colby, on Flickr

Rainier at Reflection Lake by m_colby, on Flickr

Seattle Garden by m_colby, on Flickr

Random photos from my trip to the PNW last summer

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Hey guys. I'm just starting out. Lots of inspiring shots in this thread.

Sun rays 1 by gberard, on Flickr

Sun rays 2 by gberard, on Flickr

I'm interested in exploring macro photography. Any opinions on close-up filters vs. reverse lens adapters vs. extension tubes? I'm not serious enough to buy a macro lens at this point.

Comment

I have no experience with macro shots but I like that first photo. Good luck with the new bobbie, there is so much to learn, most importantly have fun though!

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by Fourbanger View Post
                    Hey guys. I'm just starting out. Lots of inspiring shots in this thread.

I'm interested in exploring macro photography. Any opinions on close-up filters vs. reverse lens adapters vs. extension tubes? I'm not serious enough to buy a macro lens at this point.
                    I really am digging those light rays!!

As for macro, don't waste money on close-up filters they heavily degrade the quality of the image. Go for extension tubes as they are the cheapest way to go.

Here is one done with the 50mm f/1.8 and 100mm of extension tubes.

Sorry about the size >_<
                    And another two with the same setup...

sigpic

Comment

turn your lens around hand held and snap away....... Focusing is a PIA and the focus plane is razor thin

took this a while back with this method its an icicle thats about a 1/8" in diameter and the air pockets were nearly invisible to the naked eye........
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by almostacrayon View Post
                        I really am digging those light rays!!

As for macro, don't waste money on close-up filters they heavily degrade the quality of the image. Go for extension tubes as they are the cheapest way to go.

Here is one done with the 50mm f/1.8 and 100mm of extension tubes.
                        Sorry about the size >_<
                        And another two with the same setup...

http://500px.com/photo/1681526
                        Wow, great shots! Love the "Water worlds". And thanks for the advice, I might pick up some extension tubes right after I get some decent filters.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        turn your lens around hand held and snap away....... Focusing is a PIA and the focus plane is razor thin

took this a while back with this method its an icicle thats about a 1/8" in diameter and the air pockets were nearly invisible to the naked eye........
                        This is pretty awesome. I played around with the technique a bit, but with the hand-held lens indoors I had to set the ISO way too high to get anything of quality, even with the subject 1ft below a halogen light.

I don't yet own a prime lens so I think I'll avoid the reverse lens adapters for now. It'd make me too nervous mounting a zoom the wrong way around.

Comment

yeah a prime works best but a good wide zoom works well, that one I posted was taken with a Olympus EP-1 and cheapy kit 14-42
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

I took these the other night at Arrow Rock Dam, just outside of Boise, Idaho. I used a Nikon d5100 with a 30 second exposure.

Comment

Fat Frank
                              Taken with my new fisheye.
                              Yours truly,
                              Rich
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Rigmaster
                              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                                Fat Frank
                                Taken with my new fisheye.
                                Aren't fisheyes the most fun!! :)

A throwaway from back at the start of December.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X