No announcement yet.

Ashes to Diamonds 2JZ e30 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I got more involved in the STi/WRX community. I noticed most of its members were teens who have rich parents. The STi has become the "Go-To" rich kids car, who for more than not are ignorant and think its faster then Doc's DeLorean. Which probably means there is a lot of crashes causing the prices for sky rocket for the rest of the community.

The STi was the first car I bought, was a expensive experience, but I am excited to work on a new project and join the r3v community.

I am reading through the Trina thread right now and loving you guys. Thanks for not beating on me to much (:

STAY TUNED! THANKS TO ALL THAT ARE LOOKING OVER THE THREAD AND FOLLOWING! Ill probably end up needed a lot of the communities expertise.

Also, how does the e30 or even the BMW community as a whole feel about putting a JDM engine in a German car? Is it ludicrous? frowned upon? Thumbs up? Either way its happening, so haters can hate, its my car =P
    My 2JZ e30 Build
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=286243

Comment

Originally posted by Choseph0027 View Post
      Also, how does the e30 or even the BMW community as a whole feel about putting a JDM engine in a German car? Is it ludicrous? frowned upon? Thumbs up?

There are multiple asian powered e30's here on r3v. Do the job right and you will be fine. You might need slightly thicker skin than the average person here, just to cover your dumb ass engine choice.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

How expensive are those plastic bumpers? I am confused, is it just the lower valence people are replacing or like the whole thing?
        you have an 88 the front valence is the same, i picked up my plastic bumpers between a friend and the junk yard for 130 bucks they seem like they go for around 175-250 on r3v
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          There are multiple asian powered e30's here on r3v. Do the job right and you will be fine. You might need slightly thicker skin than the average person here, just to cover your dumb ass engine choice.
          Haha not a fan of the 2j I see. Maybe if I do it right you will become a fan of the car at least
          My 2JZ e30 Build

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            My insurance agent told me STi's have the highest crash rate among teens and one of the most expensive 4 door "sport cars" to insure lol.

Good luck with the build, I'll be joyfully watching.
            its true! lol even wrx has a rate as well.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Haha not a fan of the 2j I see. Maybe if I do it right you will become a fan of the car at least

I respect the 2j and have lots of asian car friends, just preparing you for the heat. ;)
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                I respect the 2j and have lots of asian car friends, just preparing you for the heat. ;)
                Hahahah always going to be people who try to put you down. Thanks for the advice.
                My 2JZ e30 Build

Comment

I respect the 2j swap its a bomb proof engine, are you keeping the twins or going a single(you probably mentioned that sorry if i missed it)

Cooling the 2jz will be the only slightly hard part, but a decent aluminum rad & big spal fans you'll be fine.

You are lucky it was only a torn spleen that is one hell of a crash. On a plus it look like it took a rally cars death.

Comment

This guy did a Japanese engine swap

Then there is Catuned doing an F20 swap in one of their e30s and one already done with turbo in one of their 2002s.
                    There was also a guy on here that did GTR engine swap into his e30.
                    I have seen other people on here with 2j swaps before as well.
                    If you do the job right I dont think you will get that much heat. People appreciate quality work and craftsmanship, and at the end of they day will be willing to over look the bastard engine ;)
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I used to have an 05 OBP STi. I miss that car.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      My insurance agent told me STi's have the highest crash rate among teens and one of the most expensive 4 door "sport cars" to insure lol.
                      I could believe it. When I sold my 05 STi and picked up an 08 STi my insurance went from $2k/yr to $1300/yr. the 08+ hatch was considered a station wagon and there also werent as many accidents in them.

This was when I was 27, no accidents, tickets, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post
                        I respect the 2j swap its a bomb proof engine, are you keeping the twins or going a single(you probably mentioned that sorry if i missed it)

Cooling the 2jz will be the only slightly hard part, but a decent aluminum rad & big spal fans you'll be fine.

You are lucky it was only a torn spleen that is one hell of a crash. On a plus it look like it took a rally cars death.
                        Yea Im going single turbo and putting in the monster BW s363 turbo :firehop:

Yea I did get lucky and I respect the STi for taking care of me, really is a great car. Doctor said I should have bled out before the ambulance came to get me though from the severity of the lacerations in my spleen. She said I probably survived because I was in good shape from the NAVY and I had abnormally fast coagulating blood.

But life is all about the ups and downs (: Nothing could ever scare me away from going faster or getting better. Which is partly why I decided on a 2jz swap, one cannot be governed by ones fears.
                        My 2JZ e30 Build

Comment

Here ya go:

1000hp at the wheels.
                          Last edited by 4Running Daily; 04-28-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

^^^
                            Looks good man, what shell is it in? Doesn't look like a e30. And is that 1000 on pump or race gas and what dyno?

Cant wait to get a picture of my engine bay (:
                            My 2JZ e30 Build

Comment

^^^
                              Looks good man, what shell is it in? Doesn't look like a e30. And is that 1000 on pump or race gas and what dyno?

Cant wait to get a picture of my engine bay (:
                              Not mine haha, I wish!

It's in a Toyota Supra, 1994 I believe. I don't know the details, just saw it a car show and had to grab a pic.

Comment

Hahahh yea the only thing I like about the supra is its engine and drive train...but I guess that's what only matters lol
                                My 2JZ e30 Build

Comment

Working...
                                X