Hd valves hd rocker arms 272 cam
    Wasted spark and a meth kit
    60lbs injectors
    Garrett T3/T4E Turbo
    Currently I’m at 324whp at 13psi
    Y’all think I can hit 450ish whp ?
    1989 BMW 325I Mtech 2
    sigpic

More factors involved than just that. I don't think you'll reach it on those injectors and wasted spark. Maybe someone will prove me wrong with real dyno numbers.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Out of those specs alone, the injectors seem to be your limiting factor. Also you have to understand that ~30 year old internals can only do so much against 20+ psi over a long period of time, so be prepared with a spare block, or a built block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, but you're going to need a serious clutch. Injectors should be fine imo. Don't expect to be able to put that power down, and if you do don't expect it to be kind to the chassis. I originally put my build together with a 450whp goal, from turbo and fuel pump choice to clutch and good tires, but decided it was impractical.
        Last edited by varg; 04-14-2019, 03:02 PM.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Yes, but you're going to need a serious clutch. Injectors should be fine imo. Don't expect to be able to put that power down, and if you do don't expect it to be kind to the chassis. I originally put my build together with a 450whp goal, from turbo and fuel pump choice to clutch and good tires, but decided it was impractical.
          What did you find to be the best balance? In the middle of a turbo build with arp, mls, meth but am only targeting 250 at the wheels

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
            What did you find to be the best balance? In the middle of a turbo build with arp, mls, meth but am only targeting 250 at the wheels

With a 250whp goal meth is an unnecessary expense as the engine will handle it totally fine. 250whp is also a sweet spot for balance in this car I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meth is sooooooper not needed

Comment

Can I ask why you think it was impractical?
                I hit 440 then said that's enough.

Comment

I look at the meth as insurance against the tuning learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by cream_e30 View Post
                    Can I ask why you think it was impractical?
                    I hit 440 then said that's enough.
                    I'm guessing this is directed at me. I decided 450whp was impractical partially because of increased risk of breaking stuff, and partially because I don't want to spend the time and money on an MLS head gasket or o-ring job at this point. My commute is largely spent in traffic and I rarely get the chance to enjoy the power I have at 15psi of boost for more than a few seconds, so why risk breaking things and shorten the life of my engine by turning up the boost?

The car is plenty fast at 15psi imo. I've been fighting exhaust leaks for the past several months due to a cracking header and warped flanges so I haven't been spending much time with full boost, but when I have it my car has been capable of beating all sorts of 'fast' cars, including an E92 M3 and some sort of modern Bentley. It's a surprisingly fast classic car that is a comfortable daily. What more can you ask for, really?

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                    X