No announcement yet.

Reiger lip replica = garbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was the GB for like $140 each right? I am still looking for one...

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
      Originally posted by trent
      Originally posted by JasonH
      Originally posted by trent
      JasonH -- I would suggest you do this if it is really that thin.
      I did that last night with a small test strip. I'll check it when I get home from work today and see how well it adhered.
      What glue did you use? For my Rieger i bought this insane commercial grade use only ABS bond shit. It worked fanfuckintastic
      What's the name of the stuff and where can I get it?
      the stuff is made by IPS Corporation

I think it is called "WELD ON" the Part # is 4707

I don't know where you can get it

Comment

I'd hate to jump on a bandwagon here, but Jordan is right on, unfortunately. the filler I used is flexible enough that I can bend the lip and it won't crack, but the mounting area is tiny and it being 1/4" too short on one side is a pretty big letdown. sanding and filling the imperfections wasn't a big deal though.

I'm going to paint it and rock it for a while, then I'll probably go back to an is lip (or maybe a real Rieger lip). I always wanted a Rieger lip though so hopefully it won't look too bad..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
          i think i figured out what im going to do. im going to mount with about 20 zip ties across the whole edge, then im gonna use what i think are called
          "flippers" or whatever.... like these

and bolt one end through the lip obviously and the other through the valance. maybe that would hold it on good enough. i need a place to buy those flippers though. dont everyone go copying me now....
          Dan, they are called turnbuckles.

Authentic lips are $260 now? I paid $180 for mine back in the day from Mike.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

the exchange rate has skyrocketed since we OG rieger-ers got ours, TJ

Comment

TJ's is now on my car, or at least was up till a month or two ago. Hard packed snow in the middle of the road around a turn (from stupid farmers thinking they can push snow onto a county road) ripped the poor thing in half.

Its back together and it will be back with a vengence, better, stronger, blacker, cooler, splittier, etc.

Thats screwy those lips weren't up to par. I was considering one myself after I had problems, but wow.
              Old and improved:

Comment

Does anyone know what material these replica lips are made from?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                  Crap/plastic molded together.

Comment

Originally posted by robert325is
                    Crap/plastic molded together.
                    Oh yes thanks why didn't I think of that.

No I mean what EXACT material is the plastic used. It matters for chemical bonding...

Comment

In regards to Tj's post. I can get the real ones for $189 plus shipping...

Comment

WHERE THE FUCK IS GREG.

I do not want to extend the mounting lip (not that it would help)
                        I do not want to otherwise modify the lips dimentions to make it fit (the dimentions are off, the mold sucked, and the thing fits like shit)

I want my money back, I did not get what I paid for. Who else is grossly disatisfied with this shit product?

Comment

WHERE THE FUCK IS GREG?
                          Doing his job?
                          James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

Be that as it may, I want this company's contact info.

Comment

Did this thing even turn out anywhere near what the picture used to sell it was?

Comment

No.

No where near as flexible

Not even the right shape (doesnt contour to the bottom of the valance)

and one side of it is 1/4in too fucking short to mate up to the valance.

This thing is completely useless to me. I spent alot of time fucking with it trying to make it work... but it isnt going to. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                                X