Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UUC's Wilwood Big Brake Sport Kit (11.75" rotor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    So you want the extra performance, but won't make the negligible change of a 15 mm spacer?

-Charlie

15mm is not negligible. I have a 5mm spacer now, which I will replace with a 3mm as soon as I get it in the mail. The 15x7 et25 wheel is sticking out of the fender just a bit. A 15mm spacer, even if it is enough, will result in a et10 offset and will look like.. well... I don't want to be stereotypical, and insult anybody, so, use your imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by emi325i View Post
      A 15mm spacer, even if it is enough, will result in a et10 offset and will look like.. well...
      Sportmax?

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
        I wish I had time to review this before leaving the office for the weekend... it will be very interesting for me to review your returned parts on Monday and see what I find.

- Rob Levinson
        UUC * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com
        So did you ever have time to see if the kit was installed backwards? This is an interesting debate we're having that would sway my choice of product to purchase. Thanks

Comment

I think Rob was referring to the way I installed the hats on the rotor.

Seriously, now. How many ways are there to assemble that hat to that rotor?

Comment

Just to be clear.. there was nothing particularly wrong with the kit. I never had a chance to drive it, so.. if you buy it, don't plan on using 15" wheels without wide spacers.

Comment

There is a responsibility on the part of the consumer to determine as best he can that the parts are suitable. There is also a responsibility on the part of the seller to give the consumer as much info as he can to enable an informed decision to be made. As mentioned above, a drawing solves both problems.
              The "size" of a wheel tells you the tire size. Some 15" wheels can't even fit on the car.

Comment

i personally think its not very classy to to try and bash competitors... when i see that i see someone who's trying to make up for a lesser quality product by bringing trying to bring the higher quality product down to their level...

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  Hi Charlie.

I am sure you'll agree that not everyone will call a change of offset by 15mm just "negligeable".
                  Ah, sounds like your typical argument about whats in your pants.

15mm spacers are nothing worth crying about.
                  Especially when it is for a race part being installed...

but i guess some people looking for improved braking performance and care a lot about cosmetics too...

And not everyone likes to use thick spacers and longer bolts.
                  is that what the girls tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                    Do you have a brake template to test potential wheels Rob?
                    Well? :roll:

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by lance_entities View Post
                      Ah, sounds like your typical argument about whats in your pants.

15mm spacers are nothing worth crying about.
                      Especially when it is for a race part being installed...

but i guess some people looking for improved braking performance and care a lot about cosmetics too...

is that what the girls tell you?
                      I wonder if it is supposed to be informative, humourous or simply "slenderous" about my manhood . No need for the later, it is tiny, but giggly . Guys who want better brakes when attending track days, might no necessarelly want to rub the fenders when parking during daily use because of thick spacers. At the end, there will be a kit for every purpose. Rob's kit is good. Massive's is good too.

Let's bear in mind that every kit sees evolutions and modifications until it reaches perfect design. Let's support both products. This is a small market.
                      Last edited by Massive Lee; 11-26-2007, 07:43 AM.
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

the rpi kit is very similar to the one offered by uuc. I prefer the solid rotor offered by uuc, my rpi came w/ drilled and slotted which were not ideal for the street. Same calipers and dot approved SS lines. RPI kit also uses wilwood rotors just like the UUC. the kits are certainly comparable, I think the only different in reality is the hats and perhaps the adapter bracket. That being said RPI disconintued the kit so buy from UUC :)

Comment

Originally posted by emi325i View Post
                          I picked up this kit and attempted to install it using a set 15" wheels. I tried my brothers 15" wheels (some old crappy 15's).. I tried the 15" euro weaves, and the 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2. Neither one fit over the caliper.

I got pissed off for the fact that they falsely advertised that the kit fits 15" wheels (not some, or maybe, but "fits"). I called them up and asked Rob which wheels fit, and I couldn't get a good answer. He gave me nothing but vague answers, and kept recommending some ridiculously wide spacers. I wasn't going to drive around with tubbed-out wheels..

I returned the kit with a 15% restocking fee, and bought Massive Lee's kit, which, even though it requires some cutting, does fit 15" wheels.

UUC also claims that their kit is designed to fit 15" wheels better than Massive's., In reality, the Massive race kit (thicker rotors) fits the 15" TD pro race and the UUC sport kit (thinner rotors) doesn't.
                          sounds typical....

Comment

Please note we have just made an update to the kit, not shown on the website yet... we have switched to an alternate forged caliper that has a more rounded top profile, which will increase the range of wheels that fit without spacers. Looks very similar to this:

- Rob
                            - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                            Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

What model caliper is that now?
                              '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                              '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

: )
                                Last edited by CBi; 01-30-2008, 05:26 AM. Reason: if you can't say anything nice.....

Comment

Working...
                                X