Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, wut'z up wit dose crossweights?

hee.

Not really my thing either, but it's cool as a project. I'da used Startlite on it with matte ends, and the rimz are far too big and the tirez too rubber- bandy for a track car....

but it's kinda awesome nonetheless.

Respect. Admiration. Not desire for.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Toby, are going all Stancenation speak on us these days?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        and the rimz are far too big and the tirez too rubber- bandy for a track car....

Because the 935 Porsche they came off of was certainly never used on the track....
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

another retarded show car.

"LOOK AT ME GUYS!!!" "Instafamous" did all this work shit doesn't even run.

anyone can build art, making it run and drive is a whole different story.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

Do you just look at pictures and blurt out your immediate opinions/assumptions as facts often?

It's been stated more than several times that the car couldn't be fully completed in time for the show, and that it's being built to be driven.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
            --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
              Because the 935 Porsche they came off of was certainly never used on the track....

The faces are, but I think the barrels on the 935 weren't 19's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                They were. As were the halves on the back of a majority of IMSA, DRM, and FIA G5 cars for a while. The halves are real BBS parts from the late 70s.:)

Comment

'72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

this for sure the most ignorant and childish post in this thread.
                    "I'll be more impressed when it runs" would have sufficed.
                    sigpic
                    @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                    Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

wow

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

inb4 the lock,

you know, just in case.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

So, just to be clear, you think making this thing run and drive is the hardest part and is most deserving of your respect? Beyond all else, that's what's definitive? Man you have some joke standards. I'm anxious to see what your excuse is after its running. "Was obviously just for scene points, who cares how fast it is, if he really wanted to build something respectable it wouldn't have rust on it" is my guess. Prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

They were. My understanding is all 935s porsche campaigned had 16 inch front and 19 inch rear. The width was limited to 15 inches.

A lot of them ran fans.

BMW and others also used a similar setup

Last edited by LJ851; 11-08-2015, 07:46 PM.
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I just don't get some people.

Is it something I'd build or want, NO! But I'm sure glad someone went through the effort of bringing this project to fruition. I think many of us got into cars for the FUN of it ... and it sure still looks like Mr. Burroughs is having an awful lot of fun.
                              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

To all that i offended i apologize
                                Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                                Do you just look at pictures and blurt out your immediate opinions/assumptions as facts often?
                                It's been stated more than several times that the car couldn't be fully completed in time for the show, and that it's being built to be driven.
                                I saw that, but still none the less it's just art at this point. And I'm sick/feed-up of seeing BS pics of insta-famous "cars" with fancy engines and 0 wiring done. This whole year people bring these things out to shows and they don’t run. Yet when me and my fam did my car I drove that shit to WA the week it was done. It was done in time because it needed to be. If it wasn’t a running car it would have stayed home in the garage.

Originally posted by J.Rizo View Post
                                this for sure the most ignorant and childish post in this thread.
                                "I'll be more impressed when it runs" would have sufficed.
                                Is it really ignorant? Childish could be debatable but, far from ignorant. Praising something that isn't done for an unveiling is demeaning to all the millions of hours put in by other builders at SEMA that finished their cars, which run and drive. Don’t you remember this?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
                                So, just to be clear, you think making this thing run and drive is the hardest part and is most deserving of your respect? Beyond all else, that's what's definitive? Man you have some joke standards. I'm anxious to see what your excuse is after its running. "Was obviously just for scene points, who cares how fast it is, if he really wanted to build something respectable it wouldn't have rust on it" is my guess. Prove me wrong.
                                I loved the original rusty and I kind of like the style of this car. What it is now is a project that isn't completed. Unveiling a project in this fashion if like a premature cum. a running car is now a joke standard. Please excuse me while I laugh at the fact that you don’t realize that the sole purpose of a car is in the fact that it moves, runs, drives.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X