Front Sway Bar Options with E34 Pan, E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Sway Bar Options with E34 Pan, E30 M3

I'm looking to run a front sway bar again with my S54 swap. I found the stock E30 M3 front sway would not fit with the e34 M50 oil pan. What are people running sway bar wise with these swaps?

I ran a aftermarket e30 m3 sway but flipped it so it ran around the front rather than the back. Requires some fabrication though.

Comment

Can you take a picture of where the interference is with your oil pan?

I'm using the stock swaybar location with a 1/2" spacer to space it down 1/2" and on of the headers clearanced so that the bar clears. It's not ideal, as I believe there's some binding at certain points in suspension travel, but so far it's been ok. I think the headers need to be clearanced more.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

A year later... I haven't been driving the car much at all but would like to stiffen it up since I'm still running no front sway bar and would like to get one back in there.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Comment

Solution is Arc Asylum custom sub frame and oil pan.

[IMG]https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/picture.php?albumid=2632&pictureid=17335[IMG]
          1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
          5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

I had no problem with a swaybar and the e34 oil pan. My swaybar contacted the downpipe from my headers but that was easily clearanced with my dead blow hammer and some trial and error. I ovalized one of the down pipes and it was over. No side effects. Swaybar Mount spacers from garagistic are a great idea if they are that close.

Comment

Yeah, my swaybar hit one of the headers as well, so I dented it inwards and spaced my bar down a 1/2" using some aluminum plate, similar in style to the Garagistic mount spacers. I'm running a 22mm front bar with M3 swaybar links.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I run the early Racing Dynamics 22/16 RD sways....S54 and M50 baffled oil pan. No issues.
                If looks could kill:::

Comment

Working...
                X