Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great write up! I personally won't use this as I'm military and the process is not even 10% as complicated. I do admire the commitment of those who do, Keep the good fight going guys. Someone buy roguetoaster a beer!!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Great write up and very thorough! Makes me appreciate finding mine already imported so much more.
      1991 E30 325i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
        Great write up! I personally won't use this as I'm military and the process is not even 10% as complicated. I do admire the commitment of those who do, Keep the good fight going guys. Someone buy roguetoaster a beer!!
        There are still a few headaches to deal with. Most states don't make you jump through hoops. I know NC is easy AF and I should have zero issues with my wagon when it gets to the states.

I hope shes staying warm on the boat.
        -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
        -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

I registered mine in my home state of Fl. I drove it from the port of Virginia to Fl spent 15 min at the state inspection center then 45 min at the tax collector. The process took about an hour. This was not my first time importing so I had everything in order..... Fl is one of the easiest states imo . No emissions or state inspection just a vin inspection. Super easy my total cost was $163 including title and registration. I live in NC and it is a not nearly as easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Amazing writeup! Hopefully we see a few more touring make there way over here now.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Great info.
              1991 318iC
              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Great info! Thank you for taking the time!

Comment

Hey guys,
                  I do want to confirm that the cbp will in fact stamp EPA and HS-7 declaration forms. I sent them all forms I needed via email and they sent them all back stamped. I hope this information helps those who need it.

Comment

Cool! I'll update the OP. Anything special that you did? Used the email in the posting?

Comment

Rougetoaster,
                      Special thanks to you! I finally got my touring registered today. If not for this thread I'm not sure I would of ever figured it out. I started by sending the release forms... I got those back stamped, and figure it wouldn't hurt to ask if they'd stamp the HS-7 and declaration form, so I sent them an email explaining the situation, and they only responded back "yes" in the email. The cbp Is extremely fast and both times responded to me with stamped forms within an hour of emailing them and yes I did use the email provided. Their phone system is awful!
                      Last edited by Vic; 12-13-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Excellent, glad to hear that this thread was useful, and super pleased that CBP helped you out!

Enjoy your touring, and I wish you many, many happy miles of motoring.

Comment

Awwwwwww yesss. Checked in on my wagon amd its waiting to clear customs right now
                          -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
                          -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Another thanks for the article.

I've just started talking to Ivo at e28.nl about a car and hope to get some pictures pretty soon (and also hoping that it's LHD).
                            I'm in Florida and it sounds like it's one of the less difficult states, fingers crossed.
                            Whatever
                            88ix coupe, 89seta turbo sedan

Comment

Originally posted by potshot View Post
                              Another thanks for the article.

I've just started talking to Ivo at e28.nl about a car and hope to get some pictures pretty soon (and also hoping that it's LHD).
                              I'm in Florida and it sounds like it's one of the less difficult states, fingers crossed.
                              Please keep us posted. Ivo seems to have a good reputation.
                              1992 325i Cabrio
                              1988 320i Touring
                              2000 M5
                              1977 530i
                              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                              BMWCCA
                              E30CCA

Comment

Ivo gets pretty busy at certain time of the year, like in advance of the St. Paddys day event, so if you don't get instant replies just be patient, and also consider time zone differences.

Comment

Working...
                                X