Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help identifying some odds and ends on an M50 swap (air intake stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying some odds and ends on an M50 swap (air intake stuff)

I got most of what goes where figured out but there's a few things i'm not sure about. Any help of what is suppose to connect here would be awesome. I have circled the "mystery" items in the pics blow. OBD1 M50 from a 1992 525i Thanks.

Last edited by 540ig5; 05-18-2019, 08:51 AM.

The longer end of the first mystery piece snaps into the valve cover. The other end is missing a hose (part number 11151735150), which should connect to the intake elbow circled in the last pic. The yellow or white capped line should go to the purge valve.

Edit:

Breather valve diagram:

Crankcase vent valve diagram:

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
      The longer end of the first mystery piece snaps into the valve cover. The other end is missing a hose (part number 11151735150), which should connect to the intake elbow circled in the last pic. The yellow or white capped line should go to the purge valve.

Edit:

Breather valve diagram:

Crankcase vent valve diagram:
      http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4857

Thank you so much. Makes perfect sense now.

Follow up question. I didn't get a purge valve with the M50 that i bough. I'm putting this into a 325es. Can I just connect the e30 charcoal canister directly to the throttle body without using the purge valve or is that going to cause issues? I know this is a bit off topic so if i'm opening up a can of worms here, sorry.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you'll get a CEL running no purge valve. The DME likes to see it plugged in, but it has no way of knowing if its connected to anything or not.

Comment

Working...
        X