Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC Spring Meet for Wounded Veterans 4/29 in Northern VA

***Spring Meet for Wounded Veterans 4/29 in Northern VA***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, please move it to the right section.

PURPOSE

An opportunity for car enthusiast (mostly BMWs) to get together, put names to faces, share car stories and ideas, show off our cars, and show our gratitude to the members of our Armed Forces by raising money and contributing to the Fisher House Foundation. Briefly, the Fisher House Foundation provide free temporary housing for families of wounded Veterans at major military and VA medical centers.

The parking lot at Racing Dynamics (4750 Eisenhower Ave. Alexandria, Virginia 22304) and the huge parking lot accross the street.

DATE & TIME

Currently April 29th. Time is 12:00 to 4:00 (al open for suggestion on time).

RAFFLE

To raise money for donations to the Fisher House Foundation, we will raffle as many items as we can that have some value to someone. Currently, we have:

(1) Rasp Terminator
    (2) oil changes from Martin Mototsprts
    (2) Hi-Flo Panel Fitlers from East Coast Induction Systems
    (1) Injen powerflow kit for 2004-2005 Nissan Armada
    (1) $50.00 gift certificate from Borla
    Racing Dynamics will be contributing some parts.
    Emails have been sent out to several other compaines such as UUC, Turner Motorsports, Magnaflow, Rotora, SuperSprint, etc., requesting donations.
    ACTIVITIES

Dixie Bones will cater this event. $8.00 per person for chicken, pork, slaw, and baked beans. The money collected for the food would be part of the overall donation to the Fisher House.

A photographer will be there to take pictures of cars, people, pets…and the event. For a small donation, people could have a professional picture of their car and/or family. We will setup an area that has a nice background for some car shots.

There will be some high-end show cars there on display.

FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION

Looks like this will be a good event to start the nice weather. It's for a good cause and there is also the University of Maryland event that day also.

I think I'll be here instead of the U. Maryland meet.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

If anyone from Baltimore wants to caravan, PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Comment

I may ride down. Mine's no show car though.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Sunday, and three out the dozens of MD/Va area folks are going?

Comment

Count me out. I'm going to try to get my charger ready for all Mopar day at Mason Dixon Dragway next weekend.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Greg (m-technic-3) and I are going. We'll be getting there around 1. Look for 2 loud e30s, one red m3 and a black es.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wish I was closer!

Comment

Pics from show. Lots of bling, few older E30's.

Comment

Holy shit I wish they had this out here.... that honorable.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

It was a good time minus the cater bailing on us at the last minute. There were quite a few GI's there. A Aston Martin DB9 should up for a spin thru the parking lot.

Comment

I missed meeting you, Schneller. I was looking for a vert, but didn't see one? I had the black e30 that parked next to Greg's m3.

Comment

Working...
                        X