No announcement yet.

SF Bay / South Bay Area Peeps: GREAT Deal...My ST Sway Bars for Your Stock Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF Bay / South Bay Area Peeps: GREAT Deal...My ST Sway Bars for Your Stock Bars

I want to go back to stock sway bars for various reasons. I have a set of ST sways on my car now, 22mm front and 19mm rear, as well as a full set of new rear mount hardware/links/bushings. You will probably want to order new front bushings, but I will include the old ones and the shells.

What I want is very specific, not terribly difficult to get, but specific.
    Front bar:
    Stock 20mm front bar (found on coupes and sedans). NOT the 21mm cabrio bar.
    Rear bar:
    Stock 14.5mm bar, which was stock on the iX and was an M-Tech option on a lot of 325 models. The basic stock bar is 12mm, which I am not interested in.

So, if you have these let me know. I want to try to make the trade before Saturday so that I can install the bars while I have the subframe and diff out as part of my suspension overhaul. I have the ST bars off of my car now and ready to go. If you want to do the trade, I need you to be certain of what you have, and I recommend measuring the bars in a few locations with calipers if you aren't sure (because I WILL bring calipers with me if we meet up). This is a great deal for anyone looking to beef up their sway bars since this setup is $360 at Turner and all I want in exchange are your two stock bars, no links or other stuff.

My bars are in fine condition. The front is a bit scraped on the bottom from a decade of driveways and road debris, but it is just surface scratches. Do be aware that I HIGHLY recommend reinforcing all 4 rear mount points. The trailing arms should have reinforcing plates welded on because they will see a lot more stress, and you really really really should look into a Turner or AKG reinforcement bracket for the chassis mount points (the ones that bolt in through the trunk are fine). I had a chassis mount point rip out on me a few years back and I had to weld it back on. I am not including reinforcement brackets in this trade.

So, PM me if you are in the SF Bay Area (I am down in Santa Clara) and think you can have the parts I want by Friday. I know that this is last minute and oddly specific, but it is what it is.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Bump for Will. This is a great deal for those who are looking to upgrade.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Welp, I'm in Santa Clara and should have a stock front bar. Doubt my rear is a 14.5--I would check, but I have no calipers.

Comment

shopmate might have some bars, asking.

edit: yes he does and is down to trade

edit edit:

Last edited by kronus; 03-01-2016, 06:00 PM.
        cars beep boop

Comment

I have a pair if you still need, but the rear is 12. Front is 20

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            shopmate might have some bars, asking.

edit: yes he does and is down to trade

edit edit:

PM...replied! I think we have a deal. Now I just need to talk my wife into letting me take her car for the day haha.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

The owner of those sway bars thanks you. Sounds like you two have plans to meet up.

Comment

Great deal, knew it wouldnt last long. Will is a gentleman amongst us vultures :rofl:
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                X