Black leather vert/M3-style passenger seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black leather vert/M3-style passenger seat

I just finished a seat refurbishing project and ended up with this orphan.
    $150 picked up in Los Angeles.

The leather pieces are from vert seats and the seat frame is from a coupe. Though it's not actually from an M3, the vert seat leather is identical to M3 leather, and the coupe seat frame is the M3 seat frame (same part number)

Everthing works: slides smoothly, reclines, folds forward. The shocks are little weaksauce though. The seat is complete, except the back panel is not included.

All of the stitching is good. The seat bottom has a through crack; the left upper bolster has two small holes; and the right upper bolster has one small hole. I repaired the crack and holes with an upholstery repair kit. The crack and holes now have backing material behind them that is secured using a glue/filler. You can see see where the glue/filler is used in the pics below.

You can use the seat as-is, or complete the repair process by adding a little black dye over the repaired areas and blending, or go all-out and re-dye the whole seat

Here's an example www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=286673&highlight=dye+leather

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
    Bumping this thread. I bought the same kit (except with 32oz of dye) and gave it a go. Used this as a reference starting out, but the kit comes with instructions. Worked great! Thanks for posting this op.
    Last edited by robrez; 06-04-2014, 08:28 PM.
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

[IMG][/IMG]
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

Comment

Sold
      Last edited by robrez; 06-24-2014, 05:12 PM.
      sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Working...
      X