Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

yes that very true for us less urban types
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

BANG! Time for me to add a new EP to my discography! I think the following statement made by The Pirate Bay in January explains very well what #digitalfreedom is all about:
      ''Over a century ago Thomas Edison got the patent for a device which would "do for the eye what the phonograph does for the ear". He called it the Kinetoscope. He was not only amongst the first to record video, he was also the first person to own the copyright to a motion picture.

Because of Edison's patents for the motion pictures it was close to financially impossible to create motion pictures in the North American east coast. The movie studios therefor relocated to California, and founded what we today call Hollywood. The reason was mostly because there was no patent. There was also no copyright to speak of, so the studios could copy old stories and make movies out of them - like Fantasia, one of Disneys biggest hits ever.'' #thepiratebay

So FUCK ACTA, SOPA, PIPA and any bill that wants to give corporations the power to regulate and censor the internet, especially if those same corporations built their empires solely on copyright infringement! #digitalfreedom

Also, I just wanna say one thing to those who know me only by my chilled out hip-hop beatz: don't be scared when you hear this EP, my true fans know that I'm nothing if not versatile. Good music is larger than one genre so just open your mind, absorb the vibes and you'll be versatile too! ;) Don't you just love that word? :)
      the afterword on Gramatik's sound cloud. Wow.

Comment

my favorite quote today is from the treaty of tripoli.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

my favorite quote today is from the treaty of tripoli.

hahaha, but god said we're a christian country ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
            the afterword on Gramatik's sound cloud. Wow.
            Beautiful.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

My generation read Orwell and Huxley and swore (silently inside our hearts and minds) that, in the words of Frank Zappa, "it can't happen here." Then we zoned out on drugs and technology; chomping our burgers; chugging our beers and sodas; hating all the right enemies; embracing every covert image and blatant lie beamed endlessly into our Pavlovian subconsciousness; and lo and behold. . . one day we find ourselves surprised(?) that our proud democracy mutated into an oligarchy, on our watch!
              A youtube comment from the documentary Orwell Rolls in his Grave. About the current day media being a branch of the government instead of its check and balancer.

Comment

"Let us provide in our constitution for its revision at stated periods. What these periods should be nature herself indicates. By the European tables of mortality, of the adults living at any one moment of time, a majority will be dead in about nineteen years. At the end of that period, then, a new majority is come into place; or, in other words, a new generation. Each generation is as independent as the one preceding, as that was of all which had gone before. It has then, like them, a right to choose for itself the form of government it believes most promotive of its own happiness; consequently, to accommodate to the circumstances in which it finds itself that received from its predecessors; and it is for the peace and good of mankind that a solemn opportunity of doing this every nineteen or twenty years should be provided by the constitution, so that it may be handed on with periodical repairs from generation to generation to the end of time, if anything human can so long endure." --Thomas Jefferson

(I suppose TJ was a revisionist.)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                  "Let us provide in our constitution for its revision at stated periods. What these periods should be nature herself indicates. By the European tables of mortality, of the adults living at any one moment of time, a majority will be dead in about nineteen years. At the end of that period, then, a new majority is come into place; or, in other words, a new generation. Each generation is as independent as the one preceding, as that was of all which had gone before. It has then, like them, a right to choose for itself the form of government it believes most promotive of its own happiness; consequently, to accommodate to the circumstances in which it finds itself that received from its predecessors; and it is for the peace and good of mankind that a solemn opportunity of doing this every nineteen or twenty years should be provided by the constitution, so that it may be handed on with periodical repairs from generation to generation to the end of time, if anything human can so long endure." --Thomas Jefferson

(I suppose TJ was a revisionist.)
                  Not the kind that would revise history to suit his ideology.
                  I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

"Periodical repairs" is surely meant to mean Amendments vs reinterpreting the basis of the document.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      "Periodical repairs" is surely meant to mean Amendments vs reinterpreting the basis of the document.
                      or perhaps not...

"Every constitution, then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right. It may be said, that the succeeding generation exercising, in fact, the power of repeal, this leaves them as free as if the constitution or law had been expressly limited to nineteen years only. In the first place, this objection admits the right, in proposing an equivalent. But the power of repeal is not an equivalent. It might be, indeed, if every form of government were so perfectly contrived, that the will of the majority could always be obtained, fairly and without impediment. But this is true of no form. The people cannot assemble themselves; their representation is unequal and vicious. Various checks are opposed to every legislative proposition. Factions get possession of the public councils, bribery corrupts them, personal interests lead them astray from the general interests of their constituents; and other impediments arise, so as to prove to every practical man, that a law of limited duration is much more manageable than one which needs a repeal." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
                      sigpic

Comment

or this one...

"The idea that institutions established for the use of the nation cannot be touched nor modified even to make them answer their end because of rights gratuitously supposed in those employed to manage them in trust for the public, may perhaps be a salutary provision against the abuses of a monarch but is most absurd against the nation itself. Yet our lawyers and priests generally inculcate this doctrine and suppose that preceding generations held the earth more freely than we do, had a right to impose laws on us unalterable by ourselves, and that we in like manner can make laws and impose burdens on future generations which they will have no right to alter; in fine, that the earth belongs to the dead and not the living." --Thomas Jefferson
                        sigpic

Comment

Here is one from the book, "Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith:

"But the rate of profit does not, like rent and wages, rise with the prosperity, and fall with the declension of the society. On the contrary, it is naturally low in rich, and high in poor countries, and it is always highest in the countries which are going fastest to ruin."
                          "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                          -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power.

Franklin Roosevelt, 1936
                            dont know if this was posted already or not.

Comment

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                                Here is one from the book, "Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith:

"But the rate of profit does not, like rent and wages, rise with the prosperity, and fall with the declension of the society. On the contrary, it is naturally low in rich, and high in poor countries, and it is always highest in the countries which are going fastest to ruin."
                                How convenient that quotes like this and the one I posted from TJ are conveniently left out of conservative ideologies when they quote the same people to support their beliefs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X