Grinding brakes while stopping on ice/snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding brakes while stopping on ice/snow

When i brake on ice or snow, the brakes seem grind alot, like someones putting a rock in between the pad and rotor, and i can feel the grind all the way up into the pedal, because it gets really stiff and pulsates. Anyone else?

well i have a grinding problem on my 89 325i but it happens when im backing up and hit the brakes

Comment

abs?

Comment

that would be ABS.

mine has been kickin in a lot lately, even on the slightest bit of snow or ice. it is kinda annoying because i am not even braking hard.

your key word was pulsate. that is definately ABS

Comment

Originally posted by timothy100
          abs?
          word
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

what about backing down a hill and applying the brakes, mine doesn't really grind, it kind of...clicks or something like that, possibly the same problem as fresh3254d
            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

That's the ABS kicking in, what you're feeling is a pulsing, not a grinding.

I can't stand the e30's ABS in loose surface conditions, I just pull the sensor when it snows.

-Charlie
              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
              FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
                what about backing down a hill and applying the brakes, mine doesn't really grind, it kind of...clicks or something like that, possibly the same problem as fresh3254d
                that's just your brakes auto adjusting. brakes have worked like that for ages.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                X