central locking wont let me drive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

central locking wont let me drive!

Last night i went to the movies and when i came out, only my passenger side door would unlock. I didnt think it was that big of a deal until i realized MY door wouldnt open. The lock was stuck in the down position.

So today i went to get gas, and my gas flap wouldnt open. I'm supposed to take my girlfriend to her grandmas today, but i cant because i need gas.

This makes this even harder because the driver door wont open, so that means i have to climb over the seats to reach the central locking unit.

any ideas? HELP!

mines been acting up for some time now...i have no idea how to fix it....

Comment

Okay so you need gas correct alirght this is the manual way of opening the gas door.

pop the trunk and pull that carpet peice out that is above the battery and then once that peice of carpet trim is out you should see an actuator on the side of the quater panel if not then locate the location of the gas cap thingy and feel around for an actuator after you have located it there should be a metal rod just push that in.

Make any sense.

Or grab an 8 or 10mm and unscrew the bolts that the actuator is attached to and then unplug it and pull it out all together.

Yes i have done this before and its real easy all you need is like 5 minutes if even that to pop it open and put everything back together.

Well. the Central Locking Control unit is also easy to get to.
      Grab a philips and 10 mm socket and rachet and get down on your knees and pop off the speaker panel/cover to expose the left side front speaker after that take the philips screw driver and unscrew all the screws holding in the speaker and there should only be like 3 or 4 screws on each corner once that speaker is removed then you have access to the CLCU but it is also held in by either by a couple of bolts or screws i cant remeber but anyway it will be also expose once the speaker panel is off, once you have get the CLCU out of its location you can just simply unplug it and it is the bigger black box.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas
      Ryan

Sorry if all that rambling doesnt make any sense but once you get to work on the car it will start making sense.

Comment

Good post, Ryan.

Also remember that the CLCU has a shock/impact sensor in it that is designed to pop the locks when you get into a bad accident. The problem is that if you trigger that sensor the unit burns itself out; so be nice to it while working with it. Dont drop it, bang on it, etc, and try to keep it upright.
        Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Working...
        X