Self Leveling suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Leveling suspension

My touring had the sls from the factory but it has been deleted. I didnt even know this was available on the e30's till i got my car. So the question is how common was it on the tourings and do any of you still have working sls equipped tourings?
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
    :shock:

It was still there and working on my 320i, but I think it's very uncommon, to the point that the jaded folks at the E30 meet hadn't even heard of it being a thing on E30s.

Comment

When I first got my touring i was cleaning out the wheel well and noticed the bottom and cutout and there were lines running there so i assumed it was hard fuel lines and they ran them differently than other e30's then noticed the lines that went to the shocks were ziptied in the wheel well. I would have doubted you too till i saw that lol

Comment

If you're curious have some pics.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I have yet to remove the plastic cover that goes over the reservoir in the wheel well so that second pic definitely has me wondering if mine still has them(Im thinking it probably does). I am going to be doing a full suspension refresh in the rear and while it is out I will probably go ahead and try and remove the remainder of the system.

Comment

Does anyone know what the part number for the SLS dampers were? I am trying to replace these as stock but I can not seem to locate the parts.

Comment

I think it's these: http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E3...pring_strut_2/

There may have been a heavy duty option set of dampers, but I can't find them.

Comment

Is this not it?

The page says, "ONLY APPLIES TO LEVELLING SYSTEM SPORTY SUSPENSION."

Comment

i have the same setup. End up going for coilover setup instead. I kept the lines and pump inside just incase i want to reverse it.

Comment

e30 touring SLS delete

how did you do it? can you point me to a link for a delete kit? tia

Comment

Originally posted by rbdemen View Post
                      how did you do it? can you point me to a link for a delete kit? tia

Why would you need a delete kit? Just buy non self leveling shocks, and remove the self leveling components.

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                        Why would you need a delete kit? Just buy non self leveling shocks, and remove the self leveling components.

I ordered an a non sls reservoir and lines as well

Comment

Working...
                        X