Front or Rear Bumper Bolt? Plastic bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front or Rear Bumper Bolt? Plastic bumper

Having owned a 88 sedan, I did the plastic bumper conversion in my typical "cost-effective" method of piecing everything together by hunting for deals. The problem was the bolts and I only ended up with 1/2 the bolts I needed. Naturally, I used one on the front and one on the rear

I recently was gifted another pair of bolts, but the washers on these are much thicker than the ones I received and the generous person told me that the front and rear use different washers... well, I tried to do my best to avoid posting this thread, but the washers have the same part number in realoem

I didnt find anything else by searching but I did come across this post

" fronts are m12x90 and the rears are m12x100"

If this is true the thicker washer should be for the front to shorten the depth on the length of the same bolt. Does that make sense? lol

Any ideas?

TLDR; Are these thicker washers for the front or rear bolts?

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

I bought new washers for the bumpers on my Touring a couple years ago. If I'm remembering correctly, the front washers were much thicker.
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
      I bought new washers for the bumpers on my Touring a couple years ago. If I'm remembering correctly, the front washers were much thicker.
      Cool, basically what I figured.

Thanks
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
      X