X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 rear driveshaft flange

Thank you for the replies!!

Mod please delete.
    Last edited by LicketySplit; 09-16-2017, 08:49 PM.

There is a cap on the end of the driveshaft half where the splined section fits in. It has a hex on one end. You need to loosen this cap to extend or compress the two halves of the driveshaft. The two halves come completely apart, so you may want to mark their rotational position to each other in case you pull them apart accidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by redlightpete View Post
      There is a cap on the end of the driveshaft half where the splined section fits in. It has a hex on one end. You need to loosen this cap to extend or compress the two halves of the driveshaft. The two halves come completely apart, so you may want to mark their rotational position to each other in case you pull them apart accidentally.
      i believe you are talking about the center part of driveshaft. i need the rear end of the driveshaft (the flange is studded) that bolts onto differential.

Comment

Look inside that sleeve forward of the UJ assembly, do you see a large collar nut ?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
          Look inside that sleeve forward of the UJ assembly, do you see a large collar nut ?
          yes hex shaped. i just loosen that collar nut ?

Comment

Yep

Comment

Working...
            X