For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaysee View Post
    also i been seein a red mtech coupe on the southside by meijer alot, anyone know who that is? its one on the cleanest e30s iv ever seen
    I grew up in Holland, went to west ottawa graduating in 2001. Not a bad place but not there enough to know who has what around there. I do have a friend who lives near Detroit near me who sent his 89 325is (manual sunroof, red, tan vinyl) to his parents in Holland for storage and plans to sell it in the spring, if you know anyone looking I'm sure he would be happy to unload whenever.
    2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Details?
      '87 5-speed 325is
      The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
      Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
      Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyJew89 View Post
        I can add you but, it's gonna be a few days before I can get to it.
        Done
        '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Doing my clutch tomorrow. Anyone want to help/lend me heated garage space? It's cold out there.

pangeapiercing, do you want me to add you to the map?
          sorry, just saw this- YES, please add me to the map. My warehouse space awaits E30 junkies all and sundry. If I had saw this sooner you wouldn't have had to change your clutch in the cold :)

Comment

Originally posted by pangeapiercing View Post
            sorry, just saw this- YES, please add me to the map. My warehouse space awaits E30 junkies all and sundry. If I had saw this sooner you wouldn't have had to change your clutch in the cold :)
            Just added you. Your one of at least 2 guys in Ann Arbor, FYI.

Man, that would have been nice. Got it done anyways, it was pretty nice the first day, but I got real sick of it when it started snowing the second day.
            '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

for all you detroit area guys, found this on CL
              Red-ish 89 325ix with dent in the door, bad paint, missing center caps, broken defrost, broken ac, p/s pump may be going, brake pad sensors missing. On the plus side i just had the trannie and tc fixed for 2 grand!!

Comment

Originally posted by catoichi View Post
                for all you detroit area guys, found this on CL
                http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pts/2782830345.html
                Might get some parts this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.
                '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

What up from the Detroit area. I'm pretty new to e30's. Had a 84 325e for about 3 months, haha. Just picked up a 91 318is. It's kinda riced out an needs some work. I've been a bit shy about workin on it, so i could use some support. I'm also willing to help anyone who needs an extra set of hands working on a car or needs to use a garage for a bit.

oh yeah can i be added to the map aswell. I stay in Hamtramck.

Comment

It's fine if your shy about working on it. Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm extremely busy right now trying to finish up school and graduate, but feel free to hit me up and I'll see what I can do to help you work on it.

BTW: You are now on the map.
                    '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Thanks! I changed the belts the other day, and it went pretty smoothly. Feeling a little more confident. I have a nasty oil leak issue im going to have to figure out sooner or later. Gotta syke myself up for that one.

Comment

I read back a few pages and it seems like you guys had a meet in the summer/fall. Is there anything planned for this spring?

Comment

Good job. Any idea where the oil is coming from.

Not as of yet. I'm the one that planned it, but I haven't had much time to even think about doing a spring meet especially given Michigan weather I'm not sure when to plan one for. If you want to help me put one together we can do one. Also, I'm sure Xceed will have a spring BBQ and there is usually a few e30s there.
                          '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

we should have one a little further north. i know a few e30's and other bimmer guys that'd be willing to come
                            sigpic

Comment

Mark this one down on your calendars for a place / activity to have an E30 meet-up:

August 25-26, Michigan International Speedway

Chump Car is running an event there that weekend. There will be multiple E30s in the event, including Thelma. :D
                              Ben
                              Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
                              April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
                              May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
                              October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
                              October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
                              Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

Good job. Any idea where the oil is coming from.

Not as of yet. I'm the one that planned it, but I haven't had much time to even think about doing a spring meet especially given Michigan weather I'm not sure when to plan one for. If you want to help me put one together we can do one. Also, I'm sure Xceed will have a spring BBQ and there is usually a few e30s there.
                                Thanks. Oil seems to be starting from the front of the valve cover gasket and down the front of the engine. It also is pretty dirty around the whole oil pan... I was going to change the valve cover gasket for sure and then try and clean it up to see more clearly where its coming from. Could be leaking from a couple of places, crank seal? lower/upper oil pan gasket? BTW its a M42.

Id be down to help plan a meet. I liked the Ann Arbor/Metro Parks idea. I used to rip around on bikes back there. On a good day its a great ride. I'm thinking mid May or early June would make us pretty safe with the weather. I'll probably drop into the xceed thing regardless.

Comment

Working...
                                X