No announcement yet.

Austin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Austin, Krazy. Been driving e30s for 11 years. Daily is a 318ti, garaged are my e30 MTechnic cabrio and MZ3 roadster. Also have a Z3 coupe. I'm in Round Rock, but could help out if needed. The local CCA chapter has some e30 owners, too. Events monthly. Check out FB for Tejas Chapter or website at tejaschapter.org.
    sigpic

92 325iC Diamantschwarz factory M-Technic appearance
    99 M Roadster Dakar Yellow II
    97 318ti Active Bostongrun DD
    01 Z3 3.0i Coupe Black Sapphire
    93 325iC Schwarz II. Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by e30topdown View Post
      Welcome to Austin, Krazy. Been driving e30s for 11 years. Daily is a 318ti, garaged are my e30 MTechnic cabrio and MZ3 roadster. Also have a Z3 coupe. I'm in Round Rock, but could help out if needed. The local CCA chapter has some e30 owners, too. Events monthly. Check out FB for Tejas Chapter or website at tejaschapter.org.
      Nice resume!! And thanks for the the links to the local CCA chapter! That sounds right up my alley.

When I get to working on my next project, I'll definitely drop a line. Or feel free to reach out if you need a garage hand for one of your projects. Definitely keen on meeting some garage friends!

Newbie question: What mechanics do people like around the area?

I dropped by Terry Sather and the jury is still out but they've now taken a day and a half just to examine a few issues and call me back. Seems like customer service is meh there...
      current:
      89 325i

previous:
      87 325i
      86 325 stroker frankenstein

Comment

Originally posted by krazy View Post
        Nice resume!! And thanks for the the links to the local CCA chapter! That sounds right up my alley.

When I get to working on my next project, I'll definitely drop a line. Or feel free to reach out if you need a garage hand for one of your projects. Definitely keen on meeting some garage friends!

Newbie question: What mechanics do people like around the area?

I dropped by Terry Sather and the jury is still out but they've now taken a day and a half just to examine a few issues and call me back. Seems like customer service is meh there...

Yeah they seem to take a long time over there at Terry's. But well worth the work my best friend works across the street at the hot Rod shop(murphos) and has known Duncan and Terry forever. These guys really know their stuff just take a look at the stable of cars they have out front for proof. I had the DME Reflash there on my E 46 which is a super common problem my car was there for five days. But they did a very thorough job and checked out a couple of things for free for me. Other than that me and my Aforementioned friend work on Bmws all the time and have a heavy knowledge of the e30s. Hit me up anytime.
        i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
          Yeah they seem to take a long time over there at Terry's. But well worth the work my best friend works across the street at the hot Rod shop(murphos) and has known Duncan and Terry forever. These guys really know their stuff just take a look at the stable of cars they have out front for proof. I had the DME Reflash there on my E 46 which is a super common problem my car was there for five days. But they did a very thorough job and checked out a couple of things for free for me. Other than that me and my Aforementioned friend work on Bmws all the time and have a heavy knowledge of the e30s. Hit me up anytime.
          Yeah, they no doubt have an impressive collection out front.

Actually, just what you described ended up happening: It took a little while, but they finally got to my car and did some very impressive work on it. Guess I'll just have to plan on them being a little slow next time.

That hot rod shop across the street looks equally impressive, too! That's really a hot corner, if you're a vintage car buff!

In fact, the guy who ended up working on my car told me he's owned 10 E30s in his lifetime (including a/an M3(s), supposedly). He sounded quite knowledgeable.

And thanks for the offer to reach out!
          current:
          89 325i

previous:
          87 325i

Comment

Damn, this thread has some activity? Lmao. That Euro e30 might have been this guy jims car (freshly completed euro s50 swap). I live down the street from terry sayther. My current e30 isn't roadworthy yet, but I'm working on it

Comment

That euro touring E30 was over in Central East Austin, near Cesar Chavez, fwiw. If it has an s50 in there too, well, that'd be completely ridiculous.

Swap looks good!

Btw, ended up going back to Terry Sayther and talking to Duncan. Guy knows E30s. From a brief conversation, he seemed to be on par with some of the better E30 mechanics I worked with in LA. We're lucky to have him.
              current:
              89 325i

previous:
              87 325i

Comment

I'm in austin

Pflugerville actually

I'd love to attend a e30 meet

I'm restoring a 91 318is

Steve

Comment

I need an e30. 325i or IS preferred. 3k spending limit. Some problems are ok. Please let me know if you guys hear anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just move to Austin in January from Michigan. I daily an 87 325e. I've got some bits and pieces laying around. I'm a bit of a junkyard dog. I'd love to meet up and talk nuts and bolts. I've collected most of the parts to do an 885 i head conversion, but I'm thinking a modest forced induction build might be the way of the future.

I'm over fm620 and Anderson Mill area.

Comment

Did I meet you at the pick a part junkyard as you were pulling the 885 head ?

i love bmws

Comment

Originally posted by XKXXKXe30 View Post
                        Close to Austin... Killeen. But I go to austin a lot.
                        By chance, do you drive a black E30?

Edit: Jesus, I just realized hat comment was left in 2011

Comment

@sonomabimmers Yeah! Cool!

Comment

Hahah that's awesome. Hope the swap goes well. Down for a meet or cruise anytime. I'm lookin for an e30 but currently have an e46

i love bmws

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                              I need an e30. 325i or IS preferred. 3k spending limit. Some problems are ok. Please let me know if you guys hear anything.

There's one on CL now:

Comment

We should get all the locals together one day for a drive and some lunch or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X