Sikky LS1 swap - shifter hole issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sikky LS1 swap - shifter hole issues

Anyone here have pics of their shifter / shifter hole alignment using this kit? I dropped in the engine/trans yesterday (LS1 + F-Body T56) the shifter is currently sitting about 2-3" back from the centerline of the hole and I can't for the life of me figure out why that is. Haven't yet installed the driveshaft to confirm fitment as I ran out of time. Will do that tomorrow prolly.
    Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Mine sits forward in the hole. I think mine is the Camaro F body style shifter but it's MGW with it setup to place the shifter farther back by an inch. Got pix?

Edit: I think I have the GTO shifter and the MGW setting it forward actually. Here's the best pic I got:
    Last edited by shiboujin; 09-24-2015, 04:46 AM.

Comment

My shifter is also an MGW unit. However, even with the orange block and stick removed, the center of the shifter does not line up with the hole. Pic below (also note the shifter hole on my E30 is a bit ovalish opening up towards the rear - shitty body work)

Pic below

Comment

Is most of that sheet metal stock? That looks odd. I'll check with my other LS buddy. It looks like if you cut it a bit and use the MGW extension to put it forward, it'll sit about right.

Comment

Here's another guy with just a fox body setup.

Comment

Yoshi means Fbody, not fox.

But I cut the shifter hole to fit, it allows allows extremely easy fluid changes and changing shifters.

Edit:
            In regards to the above photos, the stock fbody shift handle did not fit. I used a pro 5.0 shift arm that tilted the shifter forward some. I'm now using a 5" Hurst extension. Can take pics later
            Last edited by Rocknrollcows; 09-25-2015, 05:50 AM.

"stock motor"

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknrollcows View Post
              Yoshi means Fbody, not fox.

But I cut the shifter hole to fit, it allows allows extremely easy fluid changes and changing shifters.
              Was the shifter stick lined up with the hole prior to cutting?

Thanks

Comment

looks about as lined up as yours does.

Comment

Working...
                X