Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34/32 Brake Booster questions

3 questions!

Does anyone know how to test if a brake booster is good while at the junkyard?

Will any special tools be needed to remove the booster and parts etc?

What are all the parts that I'll need to have a successful working booster in my e30?

Thanks guys!

-----

Pulled a booster from a 94 740i today.

The one tool I would recommend is an 11mm box wrench for the abs lines.
    Other than that, general sockets (10,13,16) assorted screwdrivers, and extensions will remove the booster.

There are a couple of pins holding the metal bars in place, in various places, and it would have saved me a bunch of time if I knew to remove those. I think I removed three pins and their metal clip that keeps it in place which gave access to the couple of mounting bolts that were difficult to get to.
    Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 10-16-2015, 09:52 PM.

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
    3 questions!

Does anyone know how to test if a brake booster is good while at the junkyard?
    Other than pulling a vacuum and seeing how the pedal feels, I have no idea honstly, I'm just taking a chance with mine.

Will any special tools be needed to remove the booster and parts etc?

I got my set out with a basic socket set, long extentions, box end wrenches and pliers. We are talking about the remote booster setup from E34's right?

What are all the parts that I'll need to have a successful working booster in my e30?
    Get everything from under the hood.

thanks @Jgood for the picture
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
    X