No announcement yet.

This is boots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've searched for some of these other brands like White's, but there aren't any dealers local to me. I'll have to find a dealer when I'm on the road for business. I have 5 Red wing stores within 30 minutes of my house and all of their products have been great so far.

Comment

where you live??? If you ever get close to Spokane WA You have Whites and Nicks home Stores/Office/Stores within 3 miles of each other. Wesco is out of Scappoose OR. If its your 1srt venture into this echelon of boots, I would really lean hard to favoring the Nicks as like I have said before I know several life long Whites guys that have been wearing them for 20-30+ years switching over to the Nicks recently. Red Wing dose make some very good general off the shelf boots, no doubt I trashed at least 1/2 a dozen pairs on the farm and construction as a teenager and young adult at work same with Wolverine as well sometimes in less than 6 months but most got a 8-10 month season out of them. Though really until you try and break in a pair of Semi Custom to Custom boots there is not really much comparison after that. I know its an investment and hard to get past the sticker shock for "ugly plain ol work boots" but trust me its worth it if you are on your feet a lot.

I am going to order a pair of "more everyday" shoes soon and going to try out a pair from Nicks with that, (next time I get over that way and have them fit me and spec what I want slightly customized) since I should not need work boots for about a decade with the 2 pair I have and only getting 1 rebuild out of each and 3-4 years of wear between rebuilds. The pair I dug out today, were New New in 2008. Its hard to beat the value for dollar of good rebuild-able foot wear in the long term, you just have to remember you paying a lot of your cost of ownership up front not every few months to year for new throwaway's at 150-200 a pop.
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-06-2016, 08:48 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I'm in northeast Ohio. The closest White's dealer is about 70 miles away and closest Nick's is 220 miles in New York. I still need to find something to replace my 2263 work boots that were discontinued. I'm looking for steel toe, 6" non-insulated, Goodyear-welt.

Comment

And in Portland (which to you uninitiated is a suburb of Seattle.) this is how Whites are worn.

Derek-

Comment

The only pair of boots I have ever owned are some Xtratuff boots. Super comfortable for what it's worth. Wore them all summer long up in the ol AK. Stained white from some muriatic acid but they're workin boots as they say.
            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

any of you guys that want whites you can order them online and do your own measurements or go to a shoe store with the printout paperwork and have them do it. i order mine online.

Comment

Working...
              X