Anyone here run a 15x9 that i havent found yet? +10~+20
      We're in deep now boys
      1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
      1988 340iL - Track car
      My M60 V8 swap thread here
      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

hey idk if ur m60 trans uses the same one as the m30
        but there are two different sizes maybe find the longer one.

i don't like how there are exposed splines like that either but the question is
        how far deep do the splines on the female part go
        and is the shaft actually meshing with all of them even though it looks like it should go in further.

Length by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Interesting. Which one came on what cars/years ?

I was thinking a thicker guibo would also help, aka z3m...
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Spline engagement should be 1:1 with the diameter of the splined section of the shaft.

So if the splined part of the shaft is 2" diameter, you want 2" of spline engagement.
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
              Spline engagement should be 1:1 with the diameter of the splined section of the shaft.

So if the splined part of the shaft is 2" diameter, you want 2" of spline engagement.
              I asked garagistic, and they said 2:1. 1" shaft, 2" of engagement...

Either way, ive asked around, im going to check how much inner spline there is, but i think im OK.
              Gonna send it.

Heads up to track people, if you buy Turner Motorsport's V8 oil temp sensor adapater cup thing, its NOT M12x1.5, its 1.75. There are no senders with that thread. Trying to find an adapter that will work to 1/8npt
              We're in deep now boys
              1988 340iL - Track car
              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

My information was sourced from muscle car guys running slicks, in cars that weigh twice as much as an e30, and have 4x the amount of torque being put to the ground, if not more.

It’s a common driveshaft, run it, and if it breaks, deal with a length solution then. But I can confidently say that those splines won’t twist without many other parts breaking first. I know because I’ve broke about 7 of everything on mine.
                85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

For the record, the "female" part of the spline is about 2" as well. so i have almost max engagement anyways
                  We're in deep now boys
                  1988 340iL - Track car
                  [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Getting some good progress going. Still waiting on the downpipes from coating, thats holding me up from trying new brakes.
                    Running stock rear calipers with Hawk DTC-60.
                    RX7 4pot front calipers/Corrado rotors with Hawk DTC-50
                    (I mix up 50 or 60 which is F and R, theyre pretty similar).

Threw the driveshaft in the othernight. See how it does. Im picking up a backup set of used OEM axles this week, as well as the "Ford front hub installer tool" for $10 which supposedly helps get the axle into the hub. Makes changes at the track easier.

DSSR is on, feels so much better.

Made up a couple brackets for my fog/duct deletes:

One of the plates sucks, I made it sh***y. Ill have to redo it, or find some edge trim that hides my garbage.

Also installed my SSSquid tune. Stage 1.0. Basically a 91, catless tune that targets a healthier AFR, and plus 700RPM that wont do anything.

The stupid Turner adapater isnt a M12x1.5 thread as listed online, or in the included paperwork, its 1.75. Gah.
                    This M12x1.5 adapater wont thread in

Ok, so got a M12x1.75 to 1/8NPT adpater and it threads fine

But its too small for the sender

I'm going to try to drill this out, and then slim down the sender. WTF turner.
                    Not being 1/8npt I can accept being my fault for not reading the website, but then its not even as advertized. Basically will end up making my own at this point...
                    We're in deep now boys
                    1988 340iL - Track car
                    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Did it start back up with the SSQuid tune? I had to send my stop chip to him to copy the code to get the DME to recognize his chip.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Really Turner really messed up on this adapter!

Can't wait for your 2nd dyno run!
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          Did it start back up with the SSQuid tune? I had to send my stop chip to him to copy the code to get the DME to recognize his chip.
                          Haven't tried to start it with the chip yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow.
                          I've already swapped chips from an auto to a manual chip, and it didnt have any issues starting up.
                          We're in deep now boys
                          1988 340iL - Track car
                          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Got the downpipes back from ceramic coating, they look great.
                            Car fired right up for the first time with the SSSquid chip.
                            We're in deep now boys
                            1988 340iL - Track car
                            [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              Interesting. Which one came on what cars/years ?

I was thinking a thicker guibo would also help, aka z3m...
                              Ah man, I wish I knew that. My driveshaft is like a millimeter too short, and a thicker guibo would be perfect. .

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post

Also installed my SSSquid tune. Stage 1.0. Basically a 91, catless tune that targets a healthier AFR, and plus 700RPM that wont do anything..

I should have gone sssquid....

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X