G20 Reveal... pretty quiet on R3v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    no one has driven a G20 yet to see whether it's a 'real' 3 or not!......a 3 series that's as big as an e38, with no manual transmission available in most markets!
    Well I think you just stated the reason why people in these parts, who mostly drive sub-2,900lb compact cars with 3 series badges, don't think highly of bloated, ugly, tech-laden, heavy cars with 3 series badges.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

the reality is that bmw has simply alienated people like us. I think my sentiments echo most everyone when I say I will never buy another new or newer bmw. they are total crap.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        I flat out do not care about new BMWs.
        totally agree. our e30s shine out loud on the road! so good looking next to the new dogs.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          The way the kidneys and headlights meet is a nice return to form, and I like how the hood reaches all the way forward instead of there being a panel separation like the F30 has.
          The panel separation at the leading edge of the hood dates back to the e24, but doesn't look great on the F30...

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          the reality is that bmw has simply alienated people like us. I think my sentiments echo most everyone when I say I will never buy another new or newer bmw. they are total crap.
          Very true - in the modern stuff, I guess that leaves a Toyota GT-86 or BRZ, or a Miata / Fiat 124 as alternatives.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

The panel separation at the leading edge of the hood dates back to the e24, but doesn't look great on the F30...

Very true - in the modern stuff, I guess that leaves a Toyota GT-86 or BRZ, or a Miata / Fiat 124 as alternatives.
            I saw an ad for the 2019 Toyota Corolla hatch today showcasing their manual transmission. Depicted a young couple ripping around with a traditional gearshift, having a good time... No paddles, no clutchless, no emphasis on in-car wifi or automatic braking or any of that stuff that clogs up the average car commercial. It was interesting and made me wonder if there's any hope that a change is coming from the bottom up, but then I remembered that it's a deeply societal demand-side issue, and Toyota offering this option (as they likely would for overseas markets regardless) isn't going to make a darn bit of difference in the big picture.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Goddammit thats such a sexy looking car (even with the US bumpers).
              How does a company go from that beautiful thing to that bulbous bloated thing in the OP

Jimmy P.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
              98 318Ti Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Sorry, I'm not interested in a big bloated 7 seri... wait.

meh.

Did you see BMW's ads on facebook for the new X7? "The biggest BMW ever made!" OMG!
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I personally think the G20 is a nice looking car for what it is. I need to see it in-person before I form any final opinions. There are times when I don't mind cars packed with technology like on my morning commute where I don't see any speed north of 35mph, and average 8mph for 6 miles... to me, this is not driving so much as it is suffering.

With that said, if I were to buy any new BMW , it'd certainly be a 2-series, and ideally an M2 Competition with a traditional 6 speed manual. My personal opinion is that BMW ultimately does still care about the driver, but that most all of their offerings are catering to the tech savy whos only interest is leasing the nicest piece of tech on the block, much like their brand new shiny iPhone which will be obsolete in 2 years.
                  1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                  SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                  Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

laaaaaaaaaaaaaame

the latest batch of BMWs look like Japanese cars

literally looks like a lexus from the rear

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Or do the latest batch of Japanese cars look like BMWs? Hmmm.

Comment

edit; pic is gone
                        Last edited by MrBurgundy; 10-25-2018, 03:19 PM.
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Wow, those tail lights are a direct rip off lol.

Comment

They will still sell a bazillion of them no matter what they look like, so bmw still gets their moneys. I don't see why everyone expects BMW to cater for the "enthusiasts", bmw is in the business of selling cars, so they cater to those with the money.

Guy at work has an M140i little hatch back thing, gawd that thing looks awesome. brakes the size of my wheels. Screw the 3 series, the 1 and 2 series is where its at these days for "enthusiasts".

Comment

Our beloved e30 tailights looked like b13 Sentra, fox-body Mustang and many other tailights of its day.

Comment

Originally posted by Victell View Post
                                Our beloved e30 tailights looked like b13 Sentra, fox-body Mustang and many other tailights of its day.
                                I disagree, good sir

sure, I can see they might, to a certain degree, but not like the comparison I just made

Comment

Working...
                                X