No announcement yet.

Looking for a set of front/rear ix 3.64 diffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bench racing? Go get a Subie!??? I'd rather destroy a pile of crap rusted out BMW than something thats actually worth anything. If I wanted something to go fast on the pavement I'd get a Miata.

Comment

If anyone finds anything on these rare elusive iX diffs let me know. I've been scanning ebay.de forever and nothing has come up.

Comment

Can always use e34 3.38 front diff, axles, and Frankenpan and probably easier to find the a 3.64 set.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          That would be cool but there are so many people who've come here and said they were making bespoke parts (steering racks is a great example) and it never happens. Also that sounds like it would be really expensive, you can find them it's just a pain in the ass and they're like 30 years old now..
          Thats really why I haven't followed through with it yet. I'm 100% sure it would happen on my buddies end and the company he works with, but I highly doubt r3v would cough up the cash for it.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4_e30 View Post
            I've done tons of turn in clutch kicks in my old iX, and I was running BFG KO2s in 215 75 15. Never had an issue. This car has about 100k more miles and endured Alaskan coastal conditions for the last 15 years, so I'm sure the CVs were worn out anyway.

Personally I don't give a **** about weight, my end goal is to have something that more closely resembles a trophy truck than a car, hell I'd stick a medium case in there if it fits. But the more I think about beefing one thing up the more I realize I would have to go through everything- divorced mounted NV149, chromo 930 CVs, d44 hubs, 5x5.5 wheels, big brakes, etc etc.
            Lol... Not 8x6.5"? Swap the rear to a 14bff?

Comment

If I wanted something to go fast on the pavement I'd get a Miata.
              Lol. Ok.

Comment

Even if you can get a small case 168 MM diff flipped over and mounted, you can only find readily available R/P sets down to 3.45 - and the 3.45 188 MM sets are pretty hard to find as well. ***I am not talking about 3.46 sets by the way - they have different teeth counts.***

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                  Can always use e34 3.38 front diff, axles, and Frankenpan and probably easier to find the a 3.64 set.
                  lol steve, dont forget, you have a welder and know how to use it,

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                    3.64 is the E53 X5 4.4i ratio.

Comment

Bench racing? Go get a Subie!??? I'd rather destroy a pile of crap rusted out BMW than something thats actually worth anything. If I wanted something to go fast on the pavement I'd get a Miata.
                      Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                      Lol. Ok.

Joking aside, have you ever driven a Spec Miata with 205/50 RR's? Mid corner speed is amazing. Driven many e30's on the pavement, and I am nervous about a full tilt in t1 at Sebring, yet the first 3 laps in a Miata and thought "this thing is painfully slow", until the next lap and realized it will scrub more speed than brakes are needed. Left the foot in it, full tilt in 4th gear, no brakes and went balls in (albeit tucked tight). The stupid thing stuck like glue. Try that in a Spec e30, and you will be buried in a tire wall.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                        Lol... Not 8x6.5"? Swap the rear to a 14bff?
                        I don't think its going to fit.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20180701_174019eee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	7197294

Comment

Did you try hammering the firewall in a bit?
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

I don't think its going to fit.
                            [ATTACH]122285[/ATTACH]
                            Well... That's the front.

Also not a 14 bolt.

Comment

I have 3.64 e30 front diff for sale. Price $750 with shipping to US

Comment

Originally posted by sergey_e30 View Post
                                I have 3.64 e30 front diff for sale. Price $750 with shipping to US
                                lol
                                Build Thread
                                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                                Parts Thread
                                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Working...
                                X