Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1988 BMW 325ix SOLD

Putting my ix up for sale.
    I have owned this car since Oct of 08, It’s been a great car it’s just time to move on.
    Because it has been my daily driver for the last 10 years I have done extensive maintenance and whenever something broke I would replace the part and whatever else was in the area.
    I wrote and posted a for sale ad for this car a while ago but I took it down due to low ballers and people wasting my time.

The Basics of the car is that its a 88 Zinno red/Black interior two door 5 speed.
    • 217 thousand miles
    • Bilstein HD dampers/H&R springs
    • Short shifter made out of UUC parts including a DSSR
    • New motor mounts and transfer-case mounts
    • Garagistic rear adjustable subframe new lemforder trailing arm bushings and subframe bushings.
    • New outer ball joints.
    • M3 control arm bushings
    • X5 M Guibo on the front drive shaft that has been inspected and lubed.
    • New central guibo
    • New factory rear drive shaft built by Oceanside driveline.
    • Re-covered front seats with new shift boot and knob.
    • All ac lines replaced with new bmw barrier hoses. Fan resistor replaced
    • All engine sensors replaced and fuel filter.
    • Face lift bumpers
    • Led OBC light and odometer gears replaced.
    • Refinished set of ix weaves with newish DZ102 tires.
    • Repaired cam shaft oil seal and new lash adjusters and hardware
    • New crank position sensor and main relay to stop the car from occasionally stalling.
    • New bmw fuel pump in 2017
    • New front top mounts for the struts.
    • New wheel bearings on all four corners back in 2009 they have about 50k on them now.
    • New parking brake shoes , new rotors and Gloc GS1 street pads on all four corners.
    • Replaced the o rings on the oil cooler console on the motor including the o ring on the bolt.
    • New oil cooler hoses because they were seeping.
    • Door lock replaced and re keyed to the factory key.
    • Factory proportioning valve for the rear brakes was replaced due to a leak.
    • New thermostat , water lines to throttle body and heater core/coolant res line. I only ever used BMW blue coolant.

One of the problems I noticed was the cam shaft seal on the head leaked pretty badly. I removed the cam pulley and found that someone had at one point stripped the bolt hole that holds the cam seal holder.
    This means I built a fixture that used the other good hole and hung off the end of the cam for me to re drill that hole larger with a drill bushing to center the drill and then installed a stepped stud and a low profile nut to hold it to the head solving the leak. I hope by explaining that it sort of gives you insight into what type of person I am and how I maintain and fix my cars. Its either right or its not.
    The whole reason I am telling any potential buyer is so no one ever thinks i am trying to pull a fast one or mislead a buyer.

So here is some other things I have done to the car and why.
    At one point I had the AC completely working by replacing all of the hoses with new hoses from bmw including the two pain in the ass hoses under the dash that go to the evaporator. however after a few weeks of that working the compressor shaft seal decided that after 30 years it no longer wanted to seal. I even fixed the resistor pack on the pusher fan in front of the radiator assembly. I just got distracted and bought another car that took my time thats kept me from rebuilding the ac compressor. aircooled VWs that want to be Porsches are a pain in the ass.

I also rebuilt the rear end, I always wanted to replace the jumper lines from the body to the trailing arms and the subframe bushings, but since lowering the car it would mow through tires due to the alignment not being adjustable. Since this is my daily driver this sucked. I bought a garagistic adjustable subframe did the subframe bushing and while I was at it did the trailing arm bushings. The rear diff was dry so I left it alone. How did the car repay me, it shit the drive shaft. So I replaced that too.

When i got the car the seats were torn so I took them apart and made patterns out of the existing seats and then cut new leather and put them together they have been great, they do show some signs of wear from me driving the car but overall they are fairly solid. I also made the shift boot out of spare leather i had on hand. and replaced the factory plastic knob with a leather one.

I am however missing the drivers side kick panel its never bothered me that its not there so i never put too much effort into replacing one.
    Same with the center brake light not working, i tested the circuit and the bulb its fine but i think its the active check relay, every time i looked for it i never managed to found it and like i said it never bothered me.
    same with the intermittent brake lining light.
    the exhaust has a hole in the muffler but it really has not changed the sound so i have left it alone.

Worst aspect of the car by far is the paint, the clear coat on the drivers side has failed and is in places coming off, however the remaining paint actually polishes up fine, i Have some pictures from when i last did it.
    Also the car was backed into in a parking lot, I pounded the dent out and shot the corner with some primer but since its southern California its never really had a problem.

I am asking for 6k please do not low ball me its a completely rust free car that i have extensively maintained and drive every day. I work in Costa Mesa and Live in Irvine area. I also have a lift at work If you would like to inspect the car. for out of state people, a well known bmw shop down the street is bullet performance and that would be easy to have them look at the car for me.

I have a whole folder of images i can also email and I will take and post more pictures as I get a chance to, I am going through my phone and uploading everything I have.

IMGUR Album here.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like ColinMGreene.

Attached Files
    Last edited by AudioNToxication; 03-09-2019, 08:48 PM. Reason: added more pictures.

That looks like a great buy. GLWS.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Bump

Comment

I have a potential buyer for you. Check your pm

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
        You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

PM'd

Comment

Please check PMs again.

Comment

Sold to Garemie. What a cool dude. Enjoy the car.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                X