Broken slave cylinder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken slave cylinder.

Got a new slave cylinder and bleeding it before I put it back in. And it doesn't seem to operate right. I bleed it and just fluid comes out so I think it would be set. But once I pump the petal there's still nothing there its not going in and out. Theres also no petal at all, just goes right to the floor. And the the rubber piece around the rod ballons up like it's getting filled and about to pop. I dont know if its filling with fluid or air.

Now why is that filling up like that?
    and it should operate just the same out of the car,
    With a firm petal and moving in and out smoothly as if it was in the tranny right?

I replaced my slave awhile back and the condom like rubber around the push rod should not be ballooning up like you discribed.

I took appart the old one to have a look at the inner workings and it opperates much like a Drum Brake Cylinder.... Push the pedal then a round piston inside pushes against the rod and then against the clutch. The rubber condom is a mere dust cover because the slave opperates the inside of the bellhousing.

The problem for you is that, even tho new... you are leaking around the piston inside the cylinder. But, you can take the slave appart without messing up the rubber liner. I wouldnt recommend this because you wont be able to buy new inner parts for this. You could possibly mix and match the parts from both the new one and old but .... thats up to you

I recommend that you return the part for a replacement. If its OEM then they shouldn't have a problem with this. A new OEM should be around $115 from the dealer but i think you can get one from BAVauto recycling for pretty cheap if im not mistaken.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Also... the slave wont work the exact same out of the car.... you should feel pressure in the pin (like the pin normally opperates against the clutch) when you apply the clutch pedal. But in order for the pin to retract ... the clutch assists the pin and fluid back in... therefor springing your clutch pedal back up.

Comment

Ya put it in the car then report back!
        1986 RED ROSE (325es)

Comment

Working...
        X