volvo fan help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volvo fan help please!

hey guys so i have a volvo 940 fan with all the wiring and the black box as well(which im throwing away) anyways, ive been doing alot of research and i think i know how to wire it up to the aux fan... i have an 88 degree thermostat but im wanting to know do i need to get a lower temp switch from a e36 to get the fan to turn on both high and low speeds automatically? i been reading alot of ppl have to use the A/C button and i dont want to do that.. i want both high and low speeds to turn on on their own...
    Last edited by bsturman92; 04-18-2013, 08:07 AM. Reason: editing

As far as I know you just wire it into the same wiring as your existing auxilary fan. There is a thread that goes into detail about what to do. Check the DIY section.

I have an electric fan I need to put in but I need to go through the thread again because if I can remember correctly it only talked about a specific fan (not Volvo) and I have a different one so mine might be a little different. (Read as "when I have time and stop procrastinating ill put mine in")
    DENY IGNORANCE!
    Schwarz 325-totaled
    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
    don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Possible to hook up a 3-pin electric fan to the stock aux fan connection.
      Possible to hook up a 2-pin electric fan to the stock aux fan connection:
      - Wire the power of this 2-pin to both the low- and high- temp power from the car, then the fan turns on fully if either circuit is triggered.
      - If you dont want the fan at full strength at the low-temp trigger, wire a resistor in series with the low-temp power cable.

Comment

Working...
      X