classic....ol skool onboard ferrari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

classic....ol skool onboard ferrari

wondering how many of you youngns never have seen this???

driving a Ferrari 275 GTB through Paris during the early morning hours with no previous preparation.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Damn those roads are perfect city roads, too bad they are packed with cars now. Id be going way harder than that. What year and what Ferrari was that?

Comment

275 gtb....late 60s/early 70s model....

Comment

That's awesome. The woman @ 6:30 probably pissed herself.
        1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
        1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
        E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Classic indeed
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Still great after all these years..

Comment

^^ yes!

isn't the real story that this was done by a known director or film guy, who built a camera rig on the front of a big Mercedes 300SEL 6.3? He / they did it very early on a Sunday morning, and the Ferrari sound was dubbed later.

I'm sure I read a story about this years ago, with a picture of the rig.

Comment

Isnt there a map of Paris that shows the route he drove too?

edit: found it

Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Cool - I never saw the route.

I found this... (had the car wrong)

"The film shows an eight-minute drive through Paris in the early hours of the morning (05:30am), accompanied by sounds of a high-reving engine, gear changes and squealing tires. The car is never seen as the camera seems to be attached below the front bumper."

"Shot in a single take, the length of the film was limited by the short capacity of the 1000 foot 35mm film reel, and filmed from a (supposedly) gyro-stabilised camera mounted on the bumper of a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9. A photo has surfaced that seems to reveal an Eclair cam-flex 35mm camera with a wide angle lens, and a typical “speed rail” hard mount – no gyros – on a Mercedes."

"...Lelouch himself claimed that the top speed achieved was over 200 km/h, somewhere between 230 km/h and 240 km/h. It is suggested that the soundtrack was dubbed with the sound of Lelouch’s Ferrari 275GTB, which has a corresponding number of gears and a similar engine note (source) (i.e., he did two runs- one with the big Merc, the other with the Ferrari)."

Click image for larger version

Name:	mercedes_not_ferrari.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	7193385

Comment

reminds me of the 1st couple get away in stockholm vids
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      reminds me of the 1st couple get away in stockholm vids
                      +1
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

just this morn!!! found out about the MB story.....wow.....funny sheet

Comment

Wow, I was just in Paris. I guess a lot has changed, because there are basically almost zero times of day/night when thew roads look that empty! If it isn't cars, it is masses of tourists standing in the middle of the Champs-Elysées making duck faces in front of some landmark. Awesome video though!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I remember reading that he got arrested for that. When he was sent into the police chief's office, the chief asked for his license. He looked at it, handed it back, and told him, "They told me to take your license. They didn't say for how long. My daughter enjoyed your little film." I have a remastered copy of the movie from Spirit Level Films and it's fun to watch.
                            sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Reminds me of a video an old acquaintance did using film footage from "The Hidden"...

Artist: SharazTitle: Somewhere (Original Mix)Copyright 2015, NineFourOne MediaThe footage is from "The Hidden" thanks to Warner Brothers for permission.
                              Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 11-15-2017, 12:43 PM.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                              X