Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with CATuned.. Am I the only one?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with CATuned.. Am I the only one?

I've been pretty patient with this whole ordeal I've been having with Igor at CA tuned about my core return I sent in for the $300 refund they claim to give back, when you order a set of their welded coilovers.
    After dealing with half assed immature replies and my emails and phone calls being ignored I feel like making this something to be addressed to other members in this community.

I ordered my set of coilovers about 4 weeks before Bimmerfest East 2015 (I believe around July 7th?) I had no issues receiving them, shipping was fast and product looked great.
    No complaints. A few weeks later I got around to breaking down my cores and packing them up and sent them to catuned via ups on 8/18/15. A week went by and I never heard any thing back about them or received any sort of refund for them. This is where it all begins.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441933783.051773.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	7245503

In the meantime I check ups tracking curious as to if they even arrived... Which I find out they did

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441933838.859731.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	7245504

I sent that to Igor in between waiting a response for someone...who apparently didn't read the part that says delivered

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441933923.101093.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	7245505

Which I replied it shows you revived it the 25th

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441933964.440665.jpg
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	7245506

And they reply with that.. Okay I go on UPS again to check some more info on the tracking.. Find out that it was signed and confirmed delivered by a 'Cory'

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934044.416980.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	7245507

I show this to Igor and send him the signature confirmation (images cont.)
    Last edited by florida_dirt; 09-10-2015, 07:39 PM.
    sigpic

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934151.930116.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	7180080

Next day looking for an update

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934213.034568.jpg
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	7180081

Apparently the UPS driver has a clue...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934260.312070.jpg
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	7180082

Wishful thinking anyways... In between all this I have called and talked to UPS; they had an investigation going for the package because as far as they know it was delivered

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934366.588383.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	7180083

Not the most professional customer service but I guess it works...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934411.647046.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	7180084

Just strange that's all...
    Last edited by florida_dirt; 09-10-2015, 07:40 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Like anyone else would be, I finally got a little fed up

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934509.459422.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	7180085

Again they don't have a Cory

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934538.112514.jpg
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	7180086

...but according to UPS investigation they found a similar signature from previous trips to the same address

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934615.335296.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	7180087

I mean what am I supposed to do?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934706.364868.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	7180088

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934733.382609.jpg
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	7180089

So I called the shop today... Nobody answered my personal line... So I used my work phone... And a kid Nate answered only to tell me igor left early ...

After he just sent me an email saying he'd be there until 6... I'm in Maryland 3 hours ahead... This was around 7:45 my time... aka 4:45 in Pacific Time Zone CA
      Last edited by florida_dirt; 09-10-2015, 07:40 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934888.688883.jpg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	7180090

I have a video of the man in the UPS investigation department telling me to have Igor call them and he sent this...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934970.896216.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	7180091

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

This guy told me to file a police report...

Not to mention if I don't send an email with question... The issue would probably go ignored. Needless to say the coilovers will be for sale as soon as I get another set of suspension together.
        sigpic

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441936048.068355.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	7180092

Couldn't get on the phone with me when I called earlier but here he is replying to emails...

Apparently we don't have to go over this again and again because it's not his money am I right?

You'd love to have the cores I'm sure, I'd love to have the $300 promised to me when I sent them to your shop...
          sigpic

Comment

Man, they sure can give quite the run around. Sucks that he tells you he'll be available to call, then isn't.....but he can punctually reply to all your emails? And what's this business with the employee who signed for the package not working there, but the signatures match up with multiple other ones??

but really, what's $300 to them, a 1/3 of a set of coils? To you it's prob a car payment or groceries for a month. Sucks that it's getting dragged out :/

:popcorn:
            Last edited by AbsorbantNut; 09-10-2015, 10:38 PM.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I've ordered numerous parts from CAtuned with zero issues. Hopefully this misunderstanding gets resolved quickly, because they have great products and have given me great cs.
              Last edited by rich4rdee; 09-10-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
                I've ordered numerous parts from CAtuned with zero issues.

Had no issues receiving parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                  Man, they sure can give quite the run around. Sucks that he tells you he'll be available to call, then isn't.....but he can punctually reply to all your emails? And what's this business with the employee who signed for the package not working there, but the signatures match up with multiple other ones??

but in reality, what's $300 to them, a 1/3 of a set of coils? To you it's prob a car payment or groceries for a month. Sucks that it's getting dragged out :/

:popcorn:

No idea. It's all just weird very unprofessional .. Claims to run a clean, tight, no bs shop.. But can't find a package? At this point it's not about the money. The guy could careless, and it shows. I don't wanna support someone like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by florida_dirt; 09-10-2015, 11:33 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Igor is a good person at heart.

He's helped me out with my swap car when he didn't have to, nor did he know me very well.

Him and I did have a disagreement on parts once... He owed me $600 for some parts and a favor I did him and though it took nearly two years, many emails and texts, a third party that somehow involved themselves and derailed the whole deal, and then more threats from all parties, I'm happy to say that I was paid $500 total. At that point, I didn't even care for the full amount. I got most of it back and I wasn't going to fight for another $100.

Igor is cool, but you can't mix friendship with business, which was a mistake I made.
                    I like his shop, I like his crew, I like his products, I like him. But I've learned my lesson.

Best wishes to him and CaTuned.

edit: It's also important to state that I've purchased parts from him after our ordeal, and I've never had an issue.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

Comment

sorry to hear this, I do not support them anymore just because simply how cocky and unpleasant they are. 300 dollars plus 50 to ship is nothing for them. Maybe an hour or two worth of labor. I would be doing everything single thing you've done so far, my next step would to probably just fricken gp off on them in person,(that's just how I am lol) but all jokes aside, this is the worst customer service I've seen so far through the e30 community. As owner and manager(Igor) he needs to step up and find out what happened to the package that was sent to HIS business and HIS employer signed for. Unreal man keep me posted on any updates... Good luck, I really hope they send you your money!!
                      Brad
                      _keepitgutter
                      88 Alpine white Super Eta

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                        Igor is a good person at heart.

He's helped me out with my swap car when he didn't have to, nor did he know me very well.

Him and I did have a disagreement on parts once... He owed me $600 for some parts and a favor I did him and though it took nearly two years, many emails and texts, a third party that somehow involved themselves and derailed the whole deal, and then more threats from all parties, I'm happy to say that I was paid $500 total. At that point, I didn't even care for the full amount. I got most of it back and I wasn't going to fight for another $100.

Igor is cool, but you can't mix friendship with business, which was a mistake I made.
                        I like his shop, I like his crew, I like his products, I like him. But I've learned my lesson.

Best wishes to him and CaTuned.

edit: It's also important to state that I've purchased parts from him after our ordeal, and I've never had an issue.
                        Yeah I'm sure he is not a bad person at all. I Never had intentions of badmouthing him or the shop ya know? I bought his product, I fully supported the shop and brand.

I want to make it clear that theres nothing wrong with the coilovers they're great! no complaints on the product whatsoever! This isn't about that.

I just wasn't sure if this was a known thing about their customer service or if I was the first to encounter a bad experience from them. I guess i'm just used to people wanting to help and or at least show a little concern towards an issue like this. From the responses it seemed that this was trying to be swept under the rug and ignored.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Sindoni View Post
                          sorry to hear this, I do not support them anymore just because simply how cocky and unpleasant they are. 300 dollars plus 50 to ship is nothing for them. Maybe an hour or two worth of labor. I would be doing everything single thing you've done so far, my next step would to probably just fricken gp off on them in person,(that's just how I am lol) but all jokes aside, this is the worst customer service I've seen so far through the e30 community. As owner and manager(Igor) he needs to step up and find out what happened to the package that was sent to HIS business and HIS employer signed for. Unreal man keep me posted on any updates... Good luck, I really hope they send you your money!!
                          Brad
                          Thanks. Will post updates here.
                          sigpic

Comment

There is always 2 sides to a story, but I'm truly sad to hear of this....... I like the work they do and their influence in the community. I always wished I was closer to have work done there. I hope this gets worked out.
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Lookin forward to updates potstir Hopefully this gets resolved in a timely manner & doesn't have to take 2 years to get resolved like it did for Danco :(

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Working...
                              X