Schroth Rallaye 4 in Racing Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schroth Rallaye 4 in Racing Seat

I have Rallaye 4 harnesses, and want to buy some racing seats soon. Problem is since the two shoulder straps connects at a buckle behind the seat, you cannot just slip it through 2 harness slots in a racing seat. I've seen the same harness installed through the two slots before, so I know it can be done. Does anyone here with these harnesses know how to take them apart? I've looked at it, but can't figure it out.
    Thanks!
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

You have to disconnect one side of the harness and slide the whole piece (lap belt and all) through the hole in the backrest of the seat. HTH,
    -Ted

Comment

AAAahhhhhhhh, never thought of that.
      I was trying to take apart the buckes...with little success.
      Thanks!
      -Brandon
      '86 325es S50
      '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
      '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
      '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:

Comment

isn't it quite dangerous to run a race seat and harness in a car without a roll cage? Not to mention a harness that attaches below your shoulders. Nothing like that nice crunch feeling in your spine if you get into an accident :shock:

Comment

Well, I wouldn't / don't use the harnesses on the street. The only time I would use this setup is autocrossing. I don't know if I'm going to buy racing seats anytime soon now, I've spent so much money lately on all sorts of little things on the car.
          -Brandon
          '86 325es S50
          '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
          '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
          '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:

Comment

I was just going to say what Bryson said...as long as you don't use them for the street (without a cage)

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Working...
            X