Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fitting race seat?

Hi
    i have my sparco seat i wanna install in my 87 325is.
    Its off my 89 M3...I had to drill into the floor to get it to fit.
    Is there anyway to get a bolt on bracket to make it fit?
    thanks
    franklin

y did you have to drill into the floor to make it fit?

Comment

my m3 is a racecar...so i was trying to get as low as possible.

Comment

I'd make sure you reinforce the holes with some type of metal backing plate on both sides, and then washers to boot. The holes in the floor already for the bolts are there for a reason, and reinforced appropriately to withstand the forces in a crash. Drilling straight through the unibody you are asking for a bad situation, at least in my opinion.

Will

Comment

sparco makes brackets for e30's

Comment

Franklin,

As you know; make sure the seat is as far to the right (up against the tranny tunnel) with out having a problem moving the seat forward or back. The stock seats are not placed dead center with the wheel.

Comment

If your using it for the street - the main issue you have to worry about it getting hit from behind (as a front on collision the seat belt with hold the seat in). For my car e28 rails bolted into the e30 unibody seat holes and then made brackets to bolt into the seat - it allows full adjustment etc for street use.

Comment

Yeah, Sparco makes brakets that fit directly onto the floor into the stock holes. Since you already drilled holes I guess you could just get 2 pieces of metal shaped like an L and drill holes in it.

Comment

Working...
                X