First AutoX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First AutoX

I went to my first AutoXa couple weeks ago, and I learned more about driving that day than I ever had. It was fun, I got there at 7 a.m. and helped them set up the course, and then I gota couple rides with the organizer in his BMW 7-series before the registration even started. After that we waked the course three times, and then I walked the course like 5 more times alone. My first run was very ebarassing :oops: . I ended up getting lost, so I cruised over to the finish line slow (It was a DNF). I also DNF'd the next two runs, because I kept messing up on the slalom. When the next round started I got a couple rides with others, and realized what i was doing wrong (I was keeping the car tight, and not using the space between cones to it's fullest). So when it was my turn again I drove the course in 62 sec. , compared to the best time in my class (GS) 56 sec. All of my other runs where about the same. One of the things that I did wrong was that I had 45 PSI in my tires, so my car wasn't sticking to the ground, but sliding around. I also had the rear come out hot from a couple turns, to where it smoked the tires. So for my next AutoX I will run my tire pressure a bit lower. That was a very fun day.
    pics

(sorry I can't get the pics to work) :roll:

:up:

Keep it up. The first one is always a big learning experience. Sounds like you had fun, which is the most important.

Comment

Glad you had fun, I have started autocrossing recently as well and am learning a ton.

Last autocross I ran 44psi front and 40 rear, and it was a good setup, I didn't find it to be overinflated.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Next time bring a piece of chalk so you can mark your tires to see how far they're rolling over. If they're getting pretty far onto the sidewall, add some more air.
        Specific tire psi's really depend on the tires. I like to run about 38f/r in my 15" azenis.

Glad you had a good time- keep at it!

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Working...
        X