Pence 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pence 2020

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/05/us/politics/2020-campaign-president-trump-cotton-sasse-pence.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSo urce=story-heading&module=first-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

God bless the authors of this article for dropping this grenade. Even if it's not true, you know the Cretin in Chief is going to get his depends all twisted. But of course it is true because Pence knows there is a very good chance he will be the Republican candidate in 2020.

i don't disagree with this being a potential strategy.

but- of the presidencies i've observed in my lifetime- carter -> reagan -> bush -> clinton -> dubya -> obama -> drumpf

we're all seeing a pendulum swinging back and forth here, right?

the one favor that drumpf has done us "libruls" is pulling things so far to the right that it's going to swing back hard enough to make any 2020 republican candidate unelectable... unless the dems completely fail at fielding a worthwhile candidate, which is not outside the realm of possibility. (see: dukakis.)

personally, i hope cory booker runs. he's liberal with a splash of libertarian, and that's about as close to an ideal candidate for me as possible.

gavin newsom would be a good veep candidate for that ticket; it'd put him in a position to do something at the national level without how much the rest of the country hates california being a decision-making factor for voters.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I'd like to see a Castro Castro 2020 ticket. Just for all the fun games those two could play switching roles.
      sigpic
      Gun control means using both hands
      Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
        unless the dems completely fail at fielding a worthwhile candidate, which is not outside the realm of possibility. (see: dukakis.)
        Oh, it is well within the realm of possibility. They are doubling-down on the same idiotic stuff that cost them the 2016 election.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
          Oh, it is well within the realm of possibility. They are doubling-down on the same idiotic stuff that cost them the 2016 election.
          yup

cory booker or kamala harris aren't going to inspire anyone to vote D who doesn't already

Comment

I just hope that the current presidency opens the eyes of both major parties as well as those on the 'fringe'.

The 2016 election was a freaking circus. The repubs and dems need to spend next 2.5ish years grooming top notch candidates that are closer to the aisle rather than trying to distance themselves as much as possible from 'the other side.'

The bipartisan system is fucking stupid in my opinion...but what do I know. Just another damn liberal.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
            Sounds like you need a massage.
            Originally posted by kpeng
            Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
              I just hope that the current presidency opens the eyes of both major parties as well as those on the 'fringe'.

The 2016 election was a freaking circus. The repubs and dems need to spend next 2.5ish years grooming top notch candidates that are closer to the aisle rather than trying to distance themselves as much as possible from 'the other side.'

The bipartisan system is fucking stupid in my opinion...but what do I know. Just another damn liberal.
              Wat? You'd be happier with a one party system? As in communist China?
              Strong disagreements among the parties are essential. That way you have a choice.
              The nation has suffered from a big government/liberal bias since WW2 with the exception of Reagan. Swinging back to conservatism, smaller government is a natural reaction to the last 60+ years.
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                Wat? You'd be happier with a one party system? As in communist China?
                Strong disagreements among the parties are essential. That way you have a choice.
                The nation has suffered from a big government/liberal bias since WW2 with the exception of Reagan. Swinging back to conservatism, smaller government is a natural reaction to the last 60+ years.
                Jumping to a conclusion that he didn't make. He simply stated that the bipartisan system was stupid, you assumed he'd rather have a single party system, could just as easily support a multiparty/parliamentary system.

Reagan expanded the size of the government too, don't fool yourself, every sitting president has expanded the government, from Washington to Trump.

Comment

lmao reagan was the biggest increase in government spending in the last 40 years and completely fucked the working classes by pushing income taxes from the wealthy to the working class

Comment

Shhhhhh, you'll ruin the narrative. Reagan=god

Comment

I think this election set a decent stage for a multi party election. Bernie could have easily taken a good 10-20% of the democrat vote if he went Independent this election, but he knew that it would hand trump the white house.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                        Shhhhhh, you'll ruin the narrative. Reagan=god
                        Contras are just doing God's work, right? Small government at work!

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        I think this election set a decent stage for a multi party election. Bernie could have easily taken a good 10-20% of the democrat vote if he went Independent this election, but he knew that it would hand trump the white house.
                        this will never happen because at the end of the day, it's still a winner takes all in our political system. everything is biased towards a 2 party system where one party dominates the other

Comment

Brave is right, and it sucks.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                          X