No announcement yet.

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my first quadcopter. Bit of a learning curve but I've been flying since last Thursday and am already ripping around the house and enjoying the views through the FPV goggles outdoors. I chased an obnoxious Limpkin off of my roof with it this morning :D it was fun but sketchy because it's been pretty windy the past couple of days and this thing is tiny.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

..picked the stands up last week - I drew up the design/specifications to have these built after I got back home.

My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
      1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
      IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
      1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

^Beautiful.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post

..having a set of walnut stands made by a wood worker before I listen/set up.

Found a set - The price was good enough for me to fly to the Midwest and brave 0degree weather, stop by the Hertz rental, rent a car …. Then drive 11 ½ hours back through 5 snowstorms, closed Interstate Highways etc..it was pretty fun though.

Incidentally, I bought another set off of Ebay, which turned out damaged upon arrival. The price for these JBLs, Flight cost, Gas, Food, Rental Car and a one-night stay in a hotel was ALL less than what I payed for the set that arrived damaged.
          Those are awesome! I had a set in the 80's I ran through Luxman seperates.

Great pickup.

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
          ..picked the stands up last week - I drew up the design/specifications to have these built after I got back home.

Cool stands, I have Elac F5s.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

i don't know jack crap about 80's high end audio equipment but they look awesome. those stands you had made are really cool too.

school me on why these are better than a newer set of bose speakers with a sub woofer?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Because Bose is just junk from china with the name on it. Their quality is really rediclous

Comment

Bose used to build/repair/refurb stuff in Hillsdale MI, until about 14 years ago when they moved the repair/refurb work to SC and new product to Mexico. Whats happened since then I dont know. Used to know several people that worked for them.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
                  They kick ass. I've had various pliers and cutters from them in a professional setting for over 3 years without ever having to warranty them. Cornwell, Matco, and mac all resell them on the trucks for a markup too, they just print their own name next to "knipex" on the handles.
                  Can't speak to the reselling but I replaced my various SnapOn pliers with Knipex and never went back. The cutters are better, jaws and teeth are stronger, handle shapes bang on, they're light, the slip joint design is awesome.

High quality German tools and they're cheaper than Mac or SnapOn.
                  1990 332i, 4 door
                  2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                  2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                  2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                  2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                    Those are awesome! I had a set in the 80's I ran through Luxman seperates.

Great pickup.

Cool stands, I have Elac F5s.

lol
                    I've heard luxman/JBL and it's a considerably great combination. About to graduate from SS to tubes however.

I also have ELAC; it's the B5 and one difference in these and of what some speakers offer (and what I own) is these actually have a crossover for each Low, mid, high freq. No comparison with the B5s they sound like well terrible compared to the L112s..

JBL in general were the speaker/monitor of choice of a large part of very many studios for a very, very long time. Highly likely the favorite song you have was mixed using a JBL.
                    My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                    1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                    IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                    1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Dropping off materials for a 24'x32' "shed." Lol. Unfortunately the builders got stuck in traffic, didn't get the post holes dug in time, the inspector showed up, saw the lack of holes and left. Everything is pushed back a day.

I am very impatient at this point. Been years waiting for this.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        i don't know jack crap about 80's high end audio equipment but they look awesome. those stands you had made are really cool too.

school me on why these are better than a newer set of bose speakers with a sub woofer?
                        Because BOSE has been junk for decades?

It's for lazy upper-middle class white people that want something they don't really have to learn about to get working.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

That sounds like some edgy elitism.

There's a lot to be said for a good product that doesn't require any thought to buy or set up.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

Dropping off materials for a 24'x32' "shed." Lol. Unfortunately the builders got stuck in traffic, didn't get the post holes dug in time, the inspector showed up, saw the lack of holes and left. Everything is pushed back a day.

I am very impatient at this point. Been years waiting for this.
                            Shed? You got yourself a little barn there. Are you going to pour a concrete floor? Looks like metal siding and metal roof?
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Jealous Kershaw.

We're building a 10'x12' shed this summer. Finally going to have a full half of the garage for myself.

Keep us posted!
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I put up a 12x20 in my back yard. It’s big enough to put a car in but actually it’s full of e30 parts.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X