This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 e30 M3 shell

I am considering selling my 1988 e30 M3 shell that I have been working on for the past 4 years. It has a clean title

The reason for the sale is that life and kids don't allow me the time required to complete and my original plan to make it into a track oriented vehicle has changed as well. Would prefer to see this car on the street

Shell was stripped down to bare metal, re undercoated and painted

It is a diamondschwartz (original color)
    Sunroof was deleted (track idea)
    I have the suspension components (front spindles and rear trailing arms with new rear brake calipers and guides)
    Front brakes are old brembos that need updating
    AL lower control arms
    Have all glass minus rear
    New euro front bumper (painted)
    Rear fiberglass bumper (Could include a used rear OEM usa bumper)
    Have a crackfree dash for it
    I have a rear cardinal seat (great shape)
    Convertible cardinal fronts (need to be reupholstered)

Can include an s54 with new rod bearings and ARP hardware for an additional cost. I also have a kassel s54 swap kit (wiring harness, ECU, airbox...)

I'd like to put out a feeler to get an idea on what to expect for it without finishing the build. Asking price 777777

Last edited by bossco477; 01-18-2018, 07:44 PM. Reason: Image re-sizing

35K without the s54?

Comment

Bruh

Comment

That looks like a lot of work was put in. What did you use for undercoating and interior floors? What welding was done for rust, what was the original mileage on the chassis and do you have pictures before any work was done?

Comment

I am looking for a shell and got really excited until I saw the price. Sounds pretty far out there.

Comment

Op, please elaborate on what the 35k gets you.

I understand BaT has M3 owners dreaming of the stars, but a realistic breakdown of the price would be appreciated.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I just put a price so it wouldn’t get taken down. I’m really trying to get a feel for how much I’d get for it

Comment

Originally posted by e30sequel View Post
                That looks like a lot of work was put in. What did you use for undercoating and interior floors? What welding was done for rust, what was the original mileage on the chassis and do you have pictures before any work was done?
                A rubberized undercoating was used (I don’t know the brand) I can find out. It was sprayed lightly in order to save weight. Floors were sprayed with epoxy primer and cleared over

This car had a rusty trunk panel and side pockets which were replaced. It is by no means a concourse restoration.

Original mileage is unknown.

I have some before pictures

Comment

Originally posted by bossco477 View Post
                  I just put a price so it wouldn’t get taken down. I’m really trying to get a feel for how much I’d get for it
                  A rubberized undercoating was used (I don’t know the brand) I can find out. It was sprayed lightly in order to save weight. Floors were sprayed with epoxy primer and cleared over

This car had a rusty trunk panel and side pockets which were replaced. It is by no means a concourse restoration.

Original mileage is unknown.

I have some before pictures
                  Those two statements tell me that you have a lot into it, but should realistically expect about half of your asking price. To me, thats a lot for a shell, but nothing about E30 M3 makes sense to me.

GLWS
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

From what I'm reading you have a shell that's missing the most important piece of glass and had the roof welded in place. With M3 suspension, M3 rear seat, and a crack free dash. Honestly I think if someone offers you $10k take it a run.

Comment

What you don't see is the actual diamonds crushed for the metallic in the diamonschwarz paint
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

Agree with everyone saying this is a $10,000 shell. Not to mention all the work it's going to take to get the orange peel out of the primer on the car now and to source a true M3 interior and all the other tidy bits; you'd easily be in this car 100k and more once you count paint & source an S14 with wire harness and trans/diff/driveshaft. That is with a race interior not even a full interior. This would make a great track candidate, any pics of the car before all the work done? Sunroof during welding process and the under carriage and interior before coating? The car as bare metal? Any rust issues?

Comment

I'd like to put out a feeler to get an idea on what to expect for it without finishing the build. Asking price 135k

Looks like the seller took our advice and this morning changed his price....

:roll:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

BaT is ruining the world
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by TC|Photography View Post
                              Agree with everyone saying this is a $10,000 shell. Not to mention all the work it's going to take to get the orange peel out of the primer on the car now and to source a true M3 interior and all the other tidy bits; you'd easily be in this car 100k and more once you count paint & source an S14 with wire harness and trans/diff/driveshaft. That is with a race interior not even a full interior. This would make a great track candidate, any pics of the car before all the work done? Sunroof during welding process and the under carriage and interior before coating? The car as bare metal? Any rust issues?
                              Trunk panel and side pockets had rust. There is no rust on it anywhere anymore

This is how I picked it up

Bare metal

Seam welding

Sunroof

Paint

Cluster
                              Last edited by bossco477; 01-18-2018, 07:51 PM. Reason: Image re-sizing

Comment

Working...
                              X