Clear All

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RACIN...#ht_1462wt_740
    Anyone ever try one of these?

Comment

I'd stick to oem BMW replacements.
      feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

installed a 1.9 z3 shifter into my 87 cabrio today from under the car ( what a bitch)

Its amazingly short, not sure why anyone would want to go shorter. i have issues throwing it into the right gear. guess i gotta get used to it. haha

Comment

Got my X5 lever installed recently. It's GREAT. Short throws and the knob is noticebly higher.

-NICK

Comment

is there a DIY on replacing the bushings for a sheet metal console?!
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
              is there a DIY on replacing the bushings for a sheet metal console?!
              Nope, but I can help! Pm me with any questions.
              feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

so let me get this streight...i've read this thread a bunch of times but i always forget how this goes.

the longer the bottom end of the shifter..the shorter the throw?
                ]

Comment

Essentially...yes but you have less leverage now so the effort to shift gears increases. Some counteract this by increasing the overall length of the lever above the pivot. You can see this with the DTM shifters. Of course the longer lever means longer throw too so there has to be a balance.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                    Essentially...yes but you have less leverage now so the effort to shift gears increases. Some counteract this by increasing the overall length of the lever above the pivot. You can see this with the DTM shifters. Of course the longer lever means longer throw too so there has to be a balance.
                    yea this is where i get confused. i tried an e36 m3 one in an e30 today and it seemed okay. but wasnt sure about the concept
                    ]

Comment

I've had a really short shifter in my M3 for over 10 years. I am used to it but tired of it at the same time. I really enjoy buttery smooth shifters now more than very notchy short throws. Something that's 15-20% less throw would be perfect in my book.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I love my z4 3.0 on my 88 325is. Its notchy, no mods needed, its great.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          I've had a really short shifter in my M3 for over 10 years. I am used to it but tired of it at the same time. I really enjoy buttery smooth shifters now more than very notchy short throws. Something that's 15-20% less throw would be perfect in my book.
                          Agreed. This is why I loved my Z3 1.9 lever and exactly why I enjoy the X5 lever I've got now.
                          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

The parts number up for the Z4 3.0 shift lever seems to be a discontinued version of it.
                            25-11-7-543-193-BOE .. Is this the right one?

Comment

Z4 2.5i here....feels awesome, totaly transformed shifting

Comment

Originally posted by cro320 View Post
                                z4 2.5i here....feels awesome, totaly transformed shifting

+1

Comment

Working...
                                X