1989 325i Vert from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel leak

I was getting the car ready for another cars and coffee this past weekend and saw my fuel feed line spraying while looking around the engine bay. Im pretty sure it had just happened since Im always looking under the hood with the engine still running after every drive and had not noticed the smell before. But it was still scary just thinking about the what ifs! Especially after doing my 70 mile commute to work with it in the Miami heat just this week.

Needless to say I will be replacing all the fuel hoses before I start this baby again. ...and what's with the prices on these hoses from BMW ~$30 per meter?!?!?!?! Hope they last a long time.
    Youtube Channel
    '89 325i Convertible
    '19 VW Atlas
    '19 Subaru STI

Comment

Nice vert....great video

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the vert!
        Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Back on the road after getting the FI hoses and fuel filter replaced ;D

https://youtu.be/hK3EVEWiKZk
          Youtube Channel
          '89 325i Convertible
          '19 VW Atlas
          '19 Subaru STI

Comment

Originally posted by bellerto View Post
            Back on the road after getting the FI hoses and fuel filter replaced ;D

https://youtu.be/hK3EVEWiKZk
            Good investment!
            Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
            1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
            Palm Beach County

Comment

Finally got around to doing the valve adjustment. I still have the same ticking noise though, so I plan to go over it again in the near future. Practice makes perfection I guess. It was still good to look inside and replace the gasket etc.

https://youtu.be/zvF4qSAojOE
              Youtube Channel
              '89 325i Convertible
              '19 VW Atlas
              '19 Subaru STI

Comment

Nice video! Subscribed
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I plan to use some of my vacation time this month to tackle what I can from my to do list so I have more E30 content coming soon. Have been working on my new STI quite a bit lately so I have a few videos on that too for those who are interested, but Im ready to jump back on the E30 now.
                  Youtube Channel
                  '89 325i Convertible
                  '19 VW Atlas
                  '19 Subaru STI

Comment

Ticking might be injector-related. A friend and I used a mechanic’s stethoscope on his loud m20 and it turned out to be injectors, not valve making all the racket.
                    Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                    1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                    Palm Beach County

Comment

Finally got some spare time to do a brake bleed over the weekend and it was a disaster from the beginning. I was using a Motive pressure bleeder and that seemed to work fine but everything else was against me.

Started with the clutch braided hose coming off due to the pressure and spraying brake fluid all over the engine bay, that took a while to cleanup and Im sure messed up the paint in some areas of course. Had to put a clamp on the hose to keep in in place under 15psi.

When I finally got to the first caliper the bleeder valve wouldn't move and got stripped. It was already getting dark out so I gave up on the whole thing. I still don't know what is waiting for me with the other calipers and the clutch.

Once again, what should have been a simple maintenance task turns into a multi-day project. So much fun working on 30yr old cars!
                      Youtube Channel
                      '89 325i Convertible
                      '19 VW Atlas
                      '19 Subaru STI

Comment

Hey I noticed in one of your YouTube videos you mentioned you went with a front euro plate to cover the missing plate filler.

Found a seller on eBay that has the front bumper filler piece in case you still wanted to go that route.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-Ear...8AAOSwX6dbnu0X
                        - 92’ BMW 325i Vert MT2 S770A Appearance Package
                        - 96’ Toyota Tacoma single cab 4x4 2.7L [DD]
                        - 01’ Honda Shadow VLX 600 Custom Bobber
                        IG| Eddiiemeister

Comment

Originally posted by Eddiemeister View Post
                          Hey I noticed in one of your YouTube videos you mentioned you went with a front euro plate to cover the missing plate filler.

Found a seller on eBay that has the front bumper filler piece in case you still wanted to go that route.
                          Awesome, thanks for looking out. Seems a bit pricey for what it is but I guess they can get away with it when no one else is selling these. The front plate has been growing on me though so Im not sure I need this anymore :)
                          Youtube Channel
                          '89 325i Convertible
                          '19 VW Atlas
                          '19 Subaru STI

Comment

Havent been here in a while since I joined the FB group. I still think the forum is a much better platform to maintain threads but I get why most of the activity has shifted over to FB. I can probably start a whole thread on that topic alone, if there isnt one already.

Just a quick update. My car has been parked for some time now since I started working with the clutch hydraulics, brakes, and steering rack and a few other things that needed fixing (Video). It has been a challenge to take the time I need to work on it, even after taking a week off from work to get most of what I could out of the way (Video).

The thing that has taken me the longest and the reason the car is still not drivable has been the steering rack swap. I was trying to use a generic E36 rack and the whole thing turned into a nightmare (Video). I ran out of time and have been waiting on parts and a good weekend to finish it all.
                            Youtube Channel
                            '89 325i Convertible
                            '19 VW Atlas
                            '19 Subaru STI

Comment

Working...
                            X