Corsa Steelies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corsa Steelies?

Has anyone run these? Couldnt find much info on the webternets about em. I really dig the steelies look but am worried about bending wheels because there are so many potholes around
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

I saw these on Ebay and have been curious about them as well, though their 15" "2002" version. I've wanted banded steelies for a while but would prefer a different color (dark met. gray) and without their logo, have been meaning to contact them and see if it is a possibility.
    sigpic
    1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Corsa Steelies?

Yeah I was looking at diamond racing steelies too but I like the cutouts in these more. Looks more like a "stock steely"

They'd look great on a 2002 for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Yeah, those look good. They have them for an Alfa Spider! (but maybe a hair too big)

Comment

I have recently reached out to them for more info and have been emailing Arman via eBay. Here’s what I know:

1. Yes you can order without stickers (stickers are under clear coat for stock version). No extra charge for that.
          2. They do make billet aluminum center caps with roundel for an additional cost (was quoted $110 for four)
          3. Not sure about color, but as they do appear to make these on order, I would speculate you could request a custom color (for additional charge).
          4. They’re not exactly light - estimated weight per wheel is an eye opening 30 pounds (for 16x8 wheel)
          5. Weight would probably help explain shipping charge of $150. However these can be picked up for free.
          6. Was quoted about 10 day lead time to manufacture.

Very responsive company and the wheels look perfect for me (I like a more old school look). But the weight seems excessive - even for a steelie!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaxer View Post
            I have recently reached out to them for more info and have been emailing Arman via eBay. Here’s what I know:

1. Yes you can order without stickers (stickers are under clear coat for stock version). No extra charge for that.
            2. They do make billet aluminum center caps with roundel for an additional cost (was quoted $110 for four)
            3. Not sure about color, but as they do appear to make these on order, I would speculate you could request a custom color (for additional charge).
            4. They’re not exactly light - estimated weight per wheel is an eye opening 30 pounds (for 16x8 wheel)
            5. Weight would probably help explain shipping charge of $150. However these can be picked up for free.
            6. Was quoted about 10 day lead time to manufacture.

Very responsive company and the wheels look perfect for me (I like a more old school look). But the weight seems excessive - even for a steelie!
            wow thanks man! 30lbs is insane though no wonder no one has them
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Agreed. I sort of wonder if it’s not the correct answer, but the company has been very responsive with all my questions. I’m trying to wrap my brain around the question of “is there really THAT much steel in these things for that kind of money?”. Would not appear to be that heavy but that’s what they told me. My intuition tells me sourcing a steel wheel at more updated sizes (16” or more) but still having the low offset and correct centerbore would make for a good group buy. Alibaba is flush with manufacturers in China for steel wheels - but wading through all of them to ensure quality and manufacturer reputation seems overwhelming. Perhaps someone on the forum has the right experience to assist.

Comment

Yes, 30lbs is a perfectly reasonable estimate for a 16x8. Why though? You could get some 16" aluminum wheels for the same price and around half the weight. 30lbs for a wheel without the tire is incredibly heavy for a small lightweight car like an E30, you're talking 50lb per corner with tires mounted.

Bart's 15x8s weight 27lbs:
                Last edited by varg; 10-28-2017, 02:29 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Thank you for inquire,
                  The 16X9’s will have a 5.00 inch back spacing and that is equivalent to +12 mm offset
                  The wheels weight about 32 LPB. Each
                  Let me know if this clear your concerns.
                  Regards

Arman Sarkissian

Corsa Velocita, LLC
                  11870 Sheldon Street
                  Sun Valley, CA 91352
                  T. 818.771.1410
                  arman@madduc.com
                  www.CORSASTEELIES.com
                  In case anyone is curious about the 9's

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Would love if someone would make a replica steel wheel identical to these, but aluminum. Maybe even a polished lip. :D

Mr. Wolfe
                    Last edited by Mr. Wolfe; 10-31-2017, 06:40 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X