Reverse Light Wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Light Wiring?

I am doing my 5 speed swap soon, ordered new bolts, washers, etc and have a some questions.

I have searched and read about this from a thread on e30tech:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...736#post823736

Here is the wiring for cruise:

Find C143 under the dash and disconnect it. It is Bu/BR wire to GN/BK wire from pin 3 on cruise control unit to start relay. Having power applied to this wire continuously (as in neutral or park) disables the cruise. Just disconnect and tuck back into harness.

Find C208. It is a GN/RD 2-wire connector that will have a GN/RD jumper attached to it. Remove jumper and connect it to the clutch switch. Leave it in for the time being if you didn't get a clutch switch, but it is a really bad idea since you can depress clutch and have it hit the rev limiter if cruise engaged.

Reverse switch wires are supposed to connect to C301, which is GN/WT and BU/WT. Trace back the GN/YL and BU/WT wires from auto range switch through C306 to C301. This is OEM connection point. Alternative is to just splice at the shifter location to the GN/YL and BU/WT wires and not bother removing harness segment back to C301.

You can pull the start relay and jump relay pins 30 and 87 to permanently enable the starting cirucit. Alternatives are to trace BK wire back to C200 and BK/YL wire back to C241 from start relay and jumper two connectors to eliminate starter relay base or trace BK/YL wire from C241 further back to C101 and jumper it to BK wire at C200.

This is what I was told quite some time ago.
    My question is,
    Where are the sockets I unplug and replug in (C301/C306/C208)? Are they all around the boot area? under the steering wheel?

PS..does anyone know the part number for the gasket behind the pedals when punching out the hole by the firewall?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Transaction Feedback
    Various E30 Parts for Sale!
    Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
    -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
    -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Here is the locations for my 89 325I, This info is from the Wiring Diagrams, from wedophones.com.

sigpic
    Steve Corbett
    1983 528E Scrapped
    1983 528E Sold
    1984 745I
    1984 325E - Sold
    1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
    1989 325I Zinno
    1988 635CSI

Comment

AWESOME, thank you. Will post back if I have any troubles!
      Transaction Feedback
      Various E30 Parts for Sale!
      Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
      -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
      -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Comment

Working...
      X