No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the writers know now that they are starting to lose viewers by building endless story lines and dedicating whole episodes to single characters.

Even after the season premier of this season, lots of reports were coming out that the writers are planning to get back to the 'old' walking dead.

I think the real question is...HOW DOES RICK NOT PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE HIS KIDS ARE?! Where the hell has Judith been all season? Maybe my memory is short term, but I don't remember seeing her anywhere.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
      I think the writers know now that they are starting to lose viewers by building endless story lines and dedicating whole episodes to single characters.

Even after the season premier of this season, lots of reports were coming out that the writers are planning to get back to the 'old' walking dead.

I think the real question is...HOW DOES RICK NOT PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE HIS KIDS ARE?! Where the hell has Judith been all season? Maybe my memory is short term, but I don't remember seeing her anywhere.
      Judith was the kid in the room when Maggie was talking to Jesus about bringing people to fight at Alexandria. I didn't recognize her either.

By 'old' Walking Dead, do they mean the first season? Remember when they spent half a season looking for Sophia? The pace of the show has been a complaint for ages, but the finale just made it silly. It was an hour and a half, and they could have EASILY cut it down to under an hour. Waste of fucking time.

As for cliffhangers, yeah, I thought they got the hint last season when everyone complained. All the buildup through the episode to what was a major and very shocking event in the comics, and they decide to wait a few months before they reveal who got the bat. Stupid as hell. It would have been so much more effective if they just included it in the season finale.

I think the show is running out of steam, and I'm hoping they figure that out and end it instead of dragging it out to season 20, like The Simpsons, South Park, etc. I doubt it though.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        I think the show is running out of steam

Also, their gunplay still leaves much to be desired. I thought the trashfolk were a retarded idea too, like something ripped out of a fantasy novel slapped into this show. It's funny but I can suspend disbelief for a Tiger and an eccentric "King" but not for a group of scavengers who talk like cartoon cavemen and look like homeless Matrix rejects.
        Last edited by varg; 04-04-2017, 06:53 PM.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dai...-april-2-2017/

Also, their gunplay still leaves much to be desired. I thought the trashfolk were a retarded idea too, like something ripped out of a fantasy novel slapped into this show. It's funny but I can suspend disbelief for a Tiger and an eccentric "King" but not for a group of scavengers who talk like cartoon cavemen and look like homeless Matrix rejects.
          Haha, wow! And the finale was the best rated of the last six episodes. That's not good.

As for the trash people, I don't mind suspending belief a bit, but when they started talking like they had been removed from civilization for generations, that was too much. Based on Carl's age, they're maybe 10 years in since he's about 17 now. You don't lose the ability to articulate your thoughts in that short of a time. Unless they're the shortbus kids, and they've actually been living in the trash dump the whole time, even before the zombie apocalypse. Or maybe they were all part of a Mad Max fan club, and now they're living it out. Who knows.

Comment

according to huge internet nerds who track this stuff, TWD timeline is less than two full calendar years since the outbreak to the end of season 7.

which makes the stupid trashpeople even dumber

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
              according to huge internet nerds who track this stuff, TWD timeline is less than two full calendar years since the outbreak to the end of season 7.

which makes the stupid trashpeople even dumber
              I think this is more accurate in the timeline sense...considering theres only been a couple times they have referenced surviving the winter months in the whole series?
              Steve • Toronto
              1991 318is • Brillantrot
              Build Thread

Comment

Maybe the trash people are the cult of Oscar the Grouch.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  Maybe the trash people are the cult of Oscar the Grouch.
                  more like cookie monster

me take, no disturb

Comment

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

About halfway through the episode.... Few thoughts.

Carl, turn off your safety.

Rick, this isn't a enemy who gives a shit about honor. The moment he walks through that door put a .357 slug in his head you fucker!
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        About halfway through the episode.... Few thoughts.

Carl, turn off your safety.

Rick, this isn't a enemy who gives a shit about honor. The moment he walks through that door put a .357 slug in his head you fucker!
                        ..."but how else will we create more storylines?"

- the writers
                        Steve • Toronto
                        1991 318is • Brillantrot
                        Build Thread

Comment

Was the episode any good? I've kinda lost interest. Should I bother?

Comment

Me and the gf have watched up through part of season 6, but with homework and everything else, we've just lost interest. It's just kinda getting old, I guess.
                            88 325i Cabrio
                            04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

I liked last night's episode.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Came back to say, I loved the episode. Great opener and they seem to have made an effort to get away from the cliffhangers the size of the grand canyon.

Great episode, well rounded and didn't leave me pissed off.
                                No E30 Club
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X