X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god just from seeing this is makin me wanna foll mine this weekend
    sigpic

Comment

Do you have the before and after of the front being pulled?
      1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

How much did it cost to rent it...I need to roll mine before my car goes into paint....

Comment

Its like 40 bucks to rent, but if your gonna repaint anyways why bother, use a bat or something. I used a steel pipe.
          sigpic

Comment

im down to try mine with a bat since my paint is shot anyway.

what do you hinge the bat on to get it to rotate in a circular motion? Or do you just improvise?
            My LS1 swap thread:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=160030

Comment

i find rolling the front more difficult since it's thin and hard to start the roll. no matter how careful you do it you will still pull the fender a little. i was trying to avoid this when i did my fenders. you can also cut the roller rubber if you are not careful with your rolling. the rear was easy because it's already half-way rolled from the factory. i heat up the paint really hot from the inside and no paint cracks except for the already cracked paint from my front fender. touched it up, wet sand and it's all good.

some say it's a job for 2 guys but you can do it yourself.

1991 330is

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                Its like 40 bucks to rent, but if your gonna repaint anyways why bother, use a bat or something. I used a steel pipe.
                Well I've seen people roll with bats and it looks terrible...I want an almost flared look...I need to find a local shop like that one near me...

Comment

Originally posted by bmws50b30 View Post
                  i find rolling the front more difficult since it's thin and hard to start the roll. no matter how careful you do it you will still pull the fender a little. i was trying to avoid this when i did my fenders. you can also cut the roller rubber if you are not careful with your rolling. the rear was easy because it's already half-way rolled from the factory. i heat up the paint really hot from the inside and no paint cracks except for the already cracked paint from my front fender. touched it up, wet sand and it's all good.

some say it's a job for 2 guys but you can do it yourself.
                  I definitely agree with that...The problem im having with my fronts is that nothing is supporting the fender so it just flexs...Ill post some pics of mine later on...

Comment

Originally posted by CAOSyAMOR View Post
                    I used a wooden Louisville Slugger, worked like a charm :nice:
                    Did this myself a few hours ago lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

looks good would like to find one of these locally.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Rolling with a bat. The result looks terrible.

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                        2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Thats cool I need to do this to my ix sometime

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            Thats cool I need to do this to my ix sometime
                            why do you want to roll your IX flares? sorry if i missed something i haven't seen what's behind those flares.

1991 330is

Comment

Originally posted by Conki View Post
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D...der_139451.htm

Rolling with a bat. The result looks terrible.
                              What a fuckin poop dick....did you see when they did the passenger side he kept on pulling his hand away cause he was gettin burnt by the heat gun......what a num nuts.
                              Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

I've done a few cars with the Eastwood roller, seems that the newer the paint the less likely it is to crack, and if the older paint has been looked after, ( regular waxing etc ) it tends to be a little more flexible.
                                PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

Working...
                                X