X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

I ended up trading her for a turbo miata
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

:(
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

So I got an update from the new owner about the 325ix.

24# boost
          Destroyed front diff.
          Destroyed trans.

:-/
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Wow I bet. What sort of power is 24#s putting out? I worry about my drivetrain on 11psi...

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
              So I got an update from the new owner about the 325ix.

24# boost
              Destroyed front diff.
              Destroyed trans.

:-/
              i've got spares of those :)
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

i've got spares of those :)
                Looks like I'll be taking care of her from now on.

New owner checking in

Comment

I just spent like 15 min tracking all of Julien's builds. Each thread ends with "Well that's sold, here is my new car."

Comment

Enjoy some updates on this vehicle
                    You can see the build here:

Instagram: Peepshit_Studios

It's receiving some welding for turbo lines on the valve cover and powder coated acid yellow
                    Will be going through all the hoses, fittings and bolts to sort out some leaks. Going to get extended studs for some of the bolts that have been backing out

Also have a quick video I made right before starting the new updates

Click image for larger version  Name:	faa907ef-ac58-4323-89f6-4c9f2451ee29.large.jpg Views:	30 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	9938635
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	3b00e124-3f2c-4b57-95ce-2f24b684eec0.large.jpg Views:	31 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	9938633 Click image for larger version  Name:	aa6ce452-5f31-4623-bb55-c4eb4ffe7dab.large.jpg Views:	29 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	9938634

Last edited by djkapeesh; 07-15-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                      I just spent like 15 min tracking all of Julien's builds. Each thread ends with "Well that's sold, here is my new car."
                      I used to give him sh!t about it, but Im hardly any better myself!...

New Owner/ Build looks like it will be a fun trial and error of turbocharging an IX. Theres a few guys who are a few steps ahead, Id look at what they have going on before going too far down this path! Keep the thread updated!
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Turbo IX is the end goal for me. When you say error turbocharging the IX is that because there are issues with it? I feel a turbo ix is the best choice for the ix considering the ordeal it takes to swap anything in there.

Comment

The IX Drivetrain in its OEM form isnt quite setup to handle the awesome power a Turbo M20 can make. Theres guys who know how to make it handle the power though. Its possible, but Id prep the drivetrain first and then Turbo!
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            The IX Drivetrain in its OEM form isnt quite setup to handle the awesome power a Turbo M20 can make. Theres guys who know how to make it handle the power though. Its possible, but Id prep the drivetrain first and then Turbo!
                            That's good information 👍 thank you! I know of a few weak spots so I guess we will see what I can learn. It will be a min before I get the awesomeness of an m20 turbo, but wanna make sure I do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              It's torque, not power that breaks things.

if the PO broke the transmission, he must have been abusing the shit out of it. It's not like there aren't any 500hp M20 turbos running the Getrag 260 without issues. No wonder he broke the front diff..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That front diff is the the weakest link..What i have hear stock transfercase can handle way more power you can get out of that ix with stock front diff..Same goes rear diff...
                                https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                                https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Working...
                                X