This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    Anyone know a local guy with a swapped white early model with back plastic bumpers?

edit: also I am staring long and hard at http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4287959272.html
    I was thinking of you when I read that ad. Seems like it's got alotta issues, and the owner is a crazy person. Would be a nice car for $3k, but that rust...
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RCM3 View Post
      Anyone have experience with insurance and this type of thing? Unavoidable road debris from some asshole with an unsecured load of scrap metal? (There was scrap metal all over, I hit more than just the steel cable also). Car is totaled, I have 5 figures into this 1988 325iS and so many hours, countless. Looks like it falls under comprehensive since it wasnt an at fault collision type accident. Just wondering how to proceed if anyone has any insight. Thanks
      Shit, sorry dude. Any clue who actually dropped it? The only reason I got paid out for my 635 was because the portajohn that terminated it had an address on it..
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
        I was thinking of you when I read that ad. Seems like it's got alotta issues, and the owner is a crazy person. Would be a nice car for $3k, but that rust...
        all valid points.. still want it..
        cars beep boop

Comment

shit that fucking blows.

Comment

Wtf

That freaking sucks man...

Comment

straight out of luck.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Damn that sucks. I was just talking to my friends tonight about how I hate driving on 880, always some sketchy shit going down.
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

On 880, hit some road debris. 30 feet of steel cable got wrapped around my wheels at freeway speed. Drove the front passenger side wheel into the fender, ripped it off the control arm, and you can see in the pic it pushed the fender well up so the hood cant even stay shut anymore. Also, when the cable tightened down and ran out of slack, my roof buckled, probably from the force of the cable stopping my car at 65mph. Hoping for the best from AAA tomorrow... Hoping to salvage the M Tech II kit and the e30 M3 front strut housings (and all the GC suspension stuff). One BBS wheel is destroyed, hopefully the other 3 made it, shredded the tires up though.
                  wow dude. well im glad you arent hurt but that really sucks. i doubt you will get as much as you deserve from the insurance, you can show them my FS add and that i sold mine for 5 figures. you should be able to save the kit. idk about the struts those may be toast.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

On 880, hit some road debris. 30 feet of steel cable got wrapped around my wheels at freeway speed. Drove the front passenger side wheel into the fender, ripped it off the control arm, and you can see in the pic it pushed the fender well up so the hood cant even stay shut anymore. Also, when the cable tightened down and ran out of slack, my roof buckled, probably from the force of the cable stopping my car at 65mph. Hoping for the best from AAA tomorrow... Hoping to salvage the M Tech II kit and the e30 M3 front strut housings (and all the GC suspension stuff). One BBS wheel is destroyed, hopefully the other 3 made it, shredded the tires up though.

Anyone have experience with insurance and this type of thing? Unavoidable road debris from some asshole with an unsecured load of scrap metal? (There was scrap metal all over, I hit more than just the steel cable also). Car is totaled, I have 5 figures into this 1988 325iS and so many hours, countless. Looks like it falls under comprehensive since it wasnt an at fault collision type accident. Just wondering how to proceed if anyone has any insight. Thanks

I was too upset to dig into what is salvageable tonight, I snapped some photos at the scene and thats it for now. You can see the cable in the pic after we got it untangled, and you can see how my fender and door are tweaked.
                    I know that you could try making a claim with CA public works and highways, I had a buddy who claimed his windshield and he got it them to reimburse that, however, it took a really long time to deal with them. The next thing is, itemize your modifications and get receipts, show the street value of the similar car like yours and present it to your insurance. My buddy with the wrecked vert is still dealing with insurance and its been 7 months. Im sorry for your loss, good luck!
                    - 98 M3 Cabrio
                    Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                    Instagram: @herbreal
                    Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by cgk_iii View Post
                      Anyone know of anywhere hiring in the Bay Area .. Also whats up with this Berkeley Marina meet?
                      it's tomorrow at 12 and I'm going
                      "I wanna see da boat movie"
                      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                        I wanna go to the berkeley meet, but the 323i to so not in presentable shape.
                        someone will probably have a shittier car so don't worry
                        "I wanna see da boat movie"
                        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Wait will a Cam position sensor cause no fuel/no spark?

Feedback!
                          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                            Wait will a Cam position sensor cause no fuel/no spark?
                            yes both at same time
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

I think I migh spend my tax return on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                                I think I migh spend my tax return on wheels
                                plz do. something old skool and classy

or buy an eta to DD
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors