Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh shit Carson!... That isnt going to be cheap to fix. What happened to the red car ?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Oh shit Carson!... That isnt going to be cheap to fix. What happened to the red car ?
      The damn headlight and taillight are the most expensive parts the Ferrari was actually gray believe it or not! Basically, he had pointed me by coming out of 7 and there were 4 cars directly behind me all waiting to pass. We all moved over to the side he pointed to and so did he, I was right on his passenger side rear quarter panel when I saw him move, we tapped and he missed the wall by about 4 inches, I unfortunately went right into it. I remember dipping 2 wheels off and losing control, looking at my passenger and saying "wall", and then being stopped on the wall. I don't remember the impact, how hard it was or anything. I thought we hit back end first but that's not the case. Everyone behind me missed us both thankfully and everyone said they saw the same thing. I believe the 430 driver is blacklisted from trackmasters events now, so if you're like me and run with speedsf and other groups as well, be very cautious about the smol asian dude who can't be older than 22. He's completely clueless and they said that other people had complained about him in past events. Unfortunately, it cost me a car for not having him blacklisted before hand but at least it'll save someone else's. Looking back, I shouldn't have moved over at all to try and miss him, should've just stayed put and had him go into the wall. Oh well, it'll be back soon. 1 snapped tie rod, bent rear axle, punctured midpipe, bent rear LCA, cracked radiator support and who knows what else lays underneath the body. It's in a friend's body shop today and they're going over it, I know it's not gonna be cheap but I'm also hoping for the best. Good thing I didn't sell the E30 in the last week!
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
        And my 1er is in the air right now until who knows when, had a bit of an incident with an F430 at Sonoma yesterday

Turns 8 and 9 are not forgiving. That one hurt. How badly damaged was the Ferrari? That sucks. The people who run at Trackmasters are usually pretty clean drivers. What group were you in? When you get into a bad spot like that, just wait out the lap, pull into the pits, talk to the steward and head back out that should buy you plenty of room to the guy, and alert the steward that the guy is being a dimwit.

You should have come out and run the autoX on Saturday. We had a good course setup and people got a ton of runs. I had the Datsun out there, but it didn't want to play well with others. (It was intermittently making a horrible noise from an undetermined location in the driveline. I'm thinking its a bad wheel bearing or a fractured axle. I'll pull it apart before the November event.)

Will
        Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 08-29-2016, 02:51 PM.
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Is he paying for it?

Im glad you understood my joke too BTW :up: Glad you're ok too
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
            Turns 8 and 9 are not forgiving. That one hurt. How badly damaged was the Ferrari? Was it his fault or yours? That sucks.

Will
            Not forgiving at all, he went off in the 1st session on 3A as well when I was behind him. He kept it together there though but that should've been the 1st red flag. The accident occurred on the 3rd lap of the 2nd session. The ferrari wasn't bad at all, bit of a dent but nothing at all structural or anything, just a heat gun and some paint. According to everyone else, they agreed that he was at fault and saw the same thing that I felt happened. Oh well, it's over, I have a car to drive, my passenger and I are okay, sore necks but that's about it. The airbags on my side, apart from the steering wheel thankfully, went off but I have no burns or bruises or anything like that and I should be 100% tomorrow. The amount of support people have been reaching out to me with has been insane, I love the car community.
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Is he paying for it?

Im glad you understood my joke too BTW :up: Glad you're ok too
              I'm seriously considering going after him. I'll see what the estimate is going to come out to but yeah, it's definitely an option I'm thinking about. I lol'd at the red car joke and thanks Simon, glad my passenger and I are both fine
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

insurance wont cover that since it was on track right? have you looked into that?

Comment

sucks dude

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                    insurance wont cover that since it was on track right? have you looked into that?
                    Looked into it yeah, nothing they'd be able to do unfortunately, which I figured but it was worth a read on my end and a quick phone call from a family member about non-competitive events.
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                      Looked into it yeah, nothing they'd be able to do unfortunately, which I figured but it was worth a read on my end and a quick phone call from a family member about non-competitive events.
                      That really sucks, glad you and your passenger are OK!

My coworker has been a big fan of the Lockton HPDE Insurance, and has saved her/her car in a big way once. I've started buying it for HPDEs; it's an agreed-value type policy.

I hope you can get him/his insurance to pay!
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        That really sucks, glad you and your passenger are OK!

My coworker has been a big fan of the Lockton HPDE Insurance, and has saved her/her car in a big way once. I've started buying it for HPDEs; it's an agreed-value type policy.

I hope you can get him/his insurance to pay!
                        Yeah this was actually the 1st and only event that I didn't get the damn Lockton insurance for!!! Nor did I have the gopro in the car!
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

Anyone want to give me a quick bit of assist rescuing my vert from my ex's house sometime this week? Need to put the hood back on and don't care to try that by myself. Other than that, have AAA for tow to cold storage.

I'm on vacation this week so availability wide open.
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Damn Carson that sucks! I would definitely go after him. Hopefully you got statements from all the other drivers.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

I'm launching my website on September 1st. If you guys want to take a look and shoot me some feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it. URL is: www.enthus.io

Feedback!
                              Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                              Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                                I'm launching my website on September 1st. If you guys want to take a look and shoot me some feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it. URL is: www.enthus.io
                                Your gear shift is sideways
                                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X